Ask Me Anything with David NAOutdoors

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Ask Me Anything with David NAOutdoors

Post by NAOutdoors »

Please post your questions in this thread.

The rules:
• Our Code of Conduct applies
• No tech support and bugs related questions, as these usually require a thorough personal investigation and we have specific channels for those type of queries (customer support and Bug Reports forum)
• No opinionated questions
• Do not repost your question multiple times
• All questions may be asked, but not all questions may be answered. Questions will not necessarily be answered in the order in which they’re posted.

The thread will be unlocked for questions from 09:30 CEST August 8th until 09:30 CEST on August 10th.

David, Customer Support Manager at Expansive Worlds
Dagremster

Re: Ask Me Anything with David NAOutdoors

Post by Dagremster »

Hi David,I have several quick questions to start off with :P
1. Is there any plans to utilise the mushrooms and rare objects located around the reserves ?
2. Does anybody get to read the replies to Doc? if so what is the best reply so far ? i bet there are several that leave nothing to the imagination, mine don't :P
3. With the previous question in mind are there any plans to punish those that leave injured animals etc. around the reserves? (possibly have a stat for it)
4. What is your favourite animal reserve and weapon within the game?
and finally my wife has asked for more girlie stuff as in clothes weapons and a bikini to catch the rays whilst waiting well the last part is my pennies worth

Dagremster

Ps can we have gun dogs please :P
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Hello :)

What do you think about:

When we will get a save-profile-option for the inventar?

When we will get back the personal bestlist?

At many many places I can't lower the weapon while lieing on the ground? I can't move the mouse vertical.
Is there a fix in progress? It's very boring.

Thank you
Regards Peter
Last edited by Pittie on August 8th, 2014, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

hello david, thanks for doing this ama and solving all my support related requests in the past :P

what i would like to ask is:
1) how difficult is it to be the only person from the staff that lives in the united states?
2) if i remember correctly, you also hunt/hunted in real live!? whats your biggest trophy?

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
ChrisMK72
Outfitter

Post by ChrisMK72 »

Hey David,

i still have a question that i don't know to 100%.

It's about 3D Camouflage.

Is there a clear way to find out if i'm in a "forest area" or "field area" ?

I only ask because it's clear when you are in a deep forest, that you are in a "forest area", but when you leave a deep forest and you are still in an area with some trees, and not in the open, how can i see if this counts as a "forest area" ?

Is it enough when i'm beside a single tree, or some trees, or must it be a deep wood ?

Or maybe is there a way on the map to check if it counts as a "forest area" ? Lighter, darker areas ?

There is a Sneaky 3D Fall Field Camouflage too. Are the borders between the fields, where trees and bushes are, open field or forest areas ?
I talk about these areas :

If you don't know the answer, maybe you can use your connections to the team to shed some light upon my question ? :)
That would be great.

Thank you in advance!

Chris :-)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hey Dave,

Man, how'd they talk you into this one? Or were you threatened with bodily harm? :lol:

Anyway, it's no secret that I have known you for many years prior to theHunter, as quite a few of us older guys here have been around the genre for years. We're all good friends, and have maintained our friendships through the best and the worst (Deer Hunter Tournament, anyone? :lol: )
So, I'll have two questions taking two different angles.

A) How do you feel theHunter ranks among some of the very best hunting titles out there, such as Deer Hunter 2005 for example, and what do you feel theHunter can improve upon?

B) As a well-seasoned, real life hunter, you bring a lot of real field experience to theHunter staff. How does this translate into gameplay, if any, and can you tell us a bit about your RL hunting experiences through the years?

Bonus question: Rumor has it that a weapon we have in-game was modeled directly after a weapon you have in your RL arsonal. True or false? ;)

Thanks for doin this, buddy. I'm sure a lot of people will love your answers here. ;)
EBEALIEN
Tracker

Post by EBEALIEN »

Hello David,
I expose my questions, even in Italian for Italian users.

We know how important your work, and the difficulties of managing all the requests in a satisfactory manner.

1) How much affect on your time, support requests, that could be met if the user is would document more in the special sections, and then allow time for more complex problems?

2) How much you believe important, that the local community officers and series, they can contribute in some way with the problems "so-called" venial, helping the new user to solve them?

Add:
My personal compliments because I know how much you commit yourself, and best wishes for your work.
EBEALIEN - Antonio
-------
Buongiorno David,
Ti espongo i miei quesiti, anche in lingua italiana per gli utenti italiani.

Conosciamo quanto sia importante il tuo lavoro, e le difficoltà nel gestire in modo soddisfacente tutte le richieste.
1) Quanto influiscono sul tuo tempo, le richieste di supporto, che potrebbero essere risolte se l'utente, si documentasse di più nelle sezioni apposite, e quindi lasciare tempo a problemi più complessi?
2) Quanto ritieni importante, che le locali community ufficiali e serie, possano contribuire in qualche modo con i problemi "cosidetti" veniali, aiutando il nuovo utente a risolverli?

Aggiungo:
I miei complimenti personali perchè conosco il tuo impegno, e un augurio per il tuo lavoro.
EBEALIEN - Antonio
XandyBecas
Outfitter

Post by XandyBecas »

David:

Why do you love theHunter?
KenpoSensei
Outfitter

Post by KenpoSensei »

David;

Do you have any time to enjoy the game as a hunter?

I heard a rumor that not only are you an Accomplished Hunter IRL but also was a Professional Hunting Guide. . Is there any truth to this rumor?

Which is your favorite reserve and why?

If you had only three weapons to hunt all the animals in theHunter which ones would they be? Why? (this question is going to get you in hot water ;) )

Who is the better hunter in this game....you - or- your wife? Choose your answer carefully! :lol:
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Hi David no Questions just want to let you know how much I and I am sure any one how plays TH appreciates your work and help with problem in game.
Have a good day Bud 8-)

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”