Ask Me Anything with Björn

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
BigAleTheHunter

Re: Ask Me Anything with Björn

Post by BigAleTheHunter »

Hey Bjorn :D

-Will there be an Alaska map?
-What is the chances of some new American Made bolt actions? :)
R2Detour
Hunter

Post by R2Detour »

Tjena Björn, and thank you for a wonderful game and also for taking time for this AMA.

I did not have time to read through all the other questions, so if I repeat any that has already been asked, feel free to ignore them.

Q1:

Can you elaborate on where you see yourself taking this game in the future? What are your dreams and hopes with this game? Will it be steered towards being as realistic as possible, or are you looking into other elements being implemented to maybe draw in a wider aspect of players? (I'm not looking for any promises or anything, it would just be interesting to hear about your vision. Doesn't need to be specific either, though specific is welcome none the less ;))

Q2:

Is todays business model tested and proved so you will continue on that path, or are you looking into other ways to reach a bigger userbase and to give more options or solutions to existing members?

Q3:

The graphic engine is starting to show its age (it's still pretty darn good). Is there any plans to upgrade or change the engine to allow for longer draw distance and more detailed maps, or should we just come to terms with that it is going to stay the way it is for a good while longer?

Q4:

Why have you chosen to seperate single player and multiplayer competitions? Why not leave it to the players to chose if they want to participate in the most standard competitions while playing with friends or if they want to go at it alone?

Q5:

Will there ever be an option to gift store items and memberships instead of Em$? If not, what is the reason for that?

Q6:

A lot of members are crying for an African Reserve with dangerous game. On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely are we getting that at some point in the future? Can you elaborate a little on why or why not?

Q7:

Any chance you will open any editors for creative users (like map editors, gun customization, avatar editor), or is this simply not possible in the forseeable future or not going to happen at all?

Q8:

I understand fully that as a game developer one has certain goals and ideas one wants to carry out, and one needs to keep focus on that to achieve them, but how much weight does the community really carry when decisions of what to focus on next are made?

Q9:

Is there any chance you will revert to the way the webpages were before the last update, where you could sift through pages a bit faster than clicking prev/next and where you had a full list of animals in your "Personal Bests" and not just the top 20 etc?

Q10:

Can you get that :twisted: grebe (or loon) in Rougarou Bayou to shut up? ;) :lol: It would be preferable to at least tone it down a notch or two, and maybe not having it on a continous cycle.... It makes the hogs wear ear muffs and the ducks literally place themselves in front of my shotgun to escape the sound :o :lol: .

Thanks for your time, and good luck in the future :D

Best regards

TJ
pheonixflames
Scout

Post by pheonixflames »

Thanks for doing this AMA!

1. Before the MP update whatever equipment the player was holding would move slower than the screen when the player turned, like this. It made the animations look a lot smoother. What was the reason for it's removal? Is there any chance that it will be added back to the game?

2. Will we ever see the return of idle animations for the player?
Last edited by pheonixflames on May 10th, 2014, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

Why does sunlight (before sunrise) shine thru tracks, blood, windows, animals and decoys?
Spoiler:
Blind Mole
Outfitter

Post by Blind Mole »

Thanks Björn for your time for us. Sry for my terrible english, i hope you understan me :)

1. What exactly means "forest area"? Its places near trees, green zones at the maps, or what?
How i can know exactly where my 3d forest camo works?

2. What effective range have?:
a) geese long caller b) gesse flag c) geese short caller

3. If we placing decoys at larger area we see more than one duck icon on huntermate.
Are here diference of efectiveness if we have one icon or more icons?

4. Theoriticaly geese setup at image below must work better than standard 24 decoys setup (though under the influence of wiki info's).
Please confirm/negate that setup in image below are more effective than standard 24 setup.

5. Now we have 6 animals in Hirschfelden.
It means that we have lower quantinty of each species now, or whole quantity of animals spawn are enlarged?

6. After some years of game development we have much more users than years ago. But still have just top3 reward system in standard competitions.
Sometimes we see some special competitions with top10 rewarding system.
Have you some plans to bring in top10 reward system in standard competitions?
And what about poker tourneys reward system, where rewards depends on entrants quantity?

7. We have info on clothing descriptions in words "some, moderate, above moderate, fairly good, good, excellent".
How much these descriptions have difference of effect between them?
Its like "1,2,3,4,5,6" or "1,5,20,50,90,150"? Please tell about that more.
leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

I was wondering about putting something in the huntermate(on the harvest screen) about rares especially the birds which are very hard to tell.
it would be nice if it told us whether it was a rare or not on the screen so we can take a pic,as most of us when hunting and harvesting them we just click on them and click off because we want to get to the next before the next flock comes in but if it showed a rare on it we would take our time and take a pic...it would also help with newer players wondering on color variations if its a rare.
Just wondering if you plan on emplementing it in in the future?
Next was do you have any idea when the posting pic on the forums thing will be fixed? It was so easy before to post them but now we have to find a secondary site to post from.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Hi Björn :)
Three Q for you, two related to the game and one not:
1. Whats your favourite free-time activity?
2. Is there any chance we will be able to choose between earlyMP weapon holding animation and current unrealistic FPS weapon holding animation?
3.And will we ever be able to turn off autorealoding for bows (not automatically nocking an arrow, so we will be able to carry bow in one hand as it is now when you are out of arrows and when we hit R the character will nock the arrow)?

Additional question: What is the most secret thing you guys are working on right now? :D
Rusty79
Scout

Post by Rusty79 »

Hi,

What plans if any do you have for the future of Bow hunting in theHunter?
ClemD
Scout

Post by ClemD »

Thanks for your time Björn,

When will the "aiming below the horizon" bug be fixed. There are still many many areas all over the reserves, especially on roads where, when in prone position, you still cannot aim/fire below the horizon? It's frustrating when you quickly hit the ground to only realize you cannot take a shot and you loose the animal.

Also, like pointed out in a previous question, it would be nice to indicate on the harvest screen if an animal/bird is rare. I am not talking about color variations.

Many thanks for a job well done.

Rare: 153 – Non-Typical: 12
Competitions: 82 – Gold: 25, Silver: 29, Bronze: 23, Events: 5
riffraff24
Tracker

Post by riffraff24 »

Hi Bjorn.

I find it very important how the hunter should move in this game.
And the current options are in my opinion very few.
I would like for instance, when walking, that I could choose more speeds, like crouching speed and prone speed.
I would also like to see a stance between standing and crouching.

Are we ever going to see a more extensive movement and stance system in The Hunter?

Thanks for making the game.

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”