Ask Me Anything with Björn

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
Björn Öjlert
EW Staff
EW Staff

Ask Me Anything with Björn

Post by Björn Öjlert »

Please post your questions in this thread.

The rules:
• Our Code of Conduct applies
• No tech support and bugs related questions, as these usually require a thorough personal investigation and we have specific channels for those type of queries (customer support and Bug Reports forum)
• No opinionated questions
• Do not repost your question multiple times
• All questions may be asked, but not all questions may be answered. Questions will not necessarily be answered in the order in which they’re posted.

The thread will be unlocked for questions from 00:00 CEST May 9th until 09:00 CEST on May 11th.

Björn, Game Designer at Expansive Worlds
Nightmare
Hunter

Re: Ask Me Anything with Björn

Post by Nightmare »

Hello Björn,

I hope you get some good questions to answer.
My most wanted feature is more multiplayer competitions since that is what myself and alot of others mostly play.

So my question is when if ever will there be regular multiplayer competitions for all the different species other than just the special events?
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeman »

How is the chances for a upgrade from DX 9c to DX 10 or 11 fore a better graffic in theHunter ?

DX 9c is pretty old and many grafficcards/hardware are able to run a better DX sollution. (I can run DX 11)

When I see gamegraffic in games that runs on DX 11 the details on screen is just so mutch better and I am wondering about what that could do to theHunter...

2: Is it possible to have a option to choose between DX settings fore those that cant afford high end computers ?
I meen: Will it take a lot of work to change the game to do that?

3: Can we have a clothing system that allows us to pick the reserve specific dress-up with 1 click ?
It is a good thing to be able to choose between hats/jackets/pants.... but time consuming and sometimes a bit hard to see the different parts by describtion: Basic parts....
To have a tab named: "Winter camo dress"/"Forrest camodress" and click on this to equip a full dress would be mutch easyere and still have the option to choose the individual choises aswell.

4: Can we have a remote filling system fore bearbait/hogfeeder from the website ?

It could be made by buying a "Doc work-license/agrement" where Doc could maintain/fill the feeders fore a fee/prize: 10 uses fore an amount of EMs ??
You buy the licens in the store and you get a option on the website to click a tab "fill bearbait" - "fill hogfeeder" and if there are bait in the inventory Doc will do the job...

Reason: It is anoying to run around like a craysy and timecounsuming if you have bearbait stations/hogfeeders all max´ed out on the reserves. When I talk with peoble they give up using many bait/feeder stations becourse of this, - They dont feel they have the time to run around filling barrels and feeders... they prefer to go hunting instead.

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Hello Björn,

I have two questions:

1) Since the latest game update (May 8th, 2014), why the red dot of the shotgun scope which can be mounted on the pump action shotgun does not appear anymore as a clear round red dot but rather a thick unclear red line?

2) Why for some time now, when we use a bow, and even the quietest one, "parker python", to shoot landed Canada goose in "Hirschfelden", they (nearly) always fly away? Are they more spooked?

Thanks for your answers
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Hello :)

Will we get a global (incl. SP) chatsystem?

Thank you
Regards Peter
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Hello Björn,

My question is regarding the SP chat system, is there any plan to bring it back? will it be a new improved SP chat system? if yes, can you give us an estimation time for the arrival? If no, is it possible to bring back the same old SP chat system with at least an ability to turn it on or off?

Communication with friends is important, we need more channels of communication and not less, specially after the MP release. This makes SP chat system more important than ever... we need to be able to communicate directly with our friends and so we can arrange a live MP session if we are interested through the SP chat. Add to that it was something good and some of us really enjoyed it!
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

1) If you could hunt a colleague, who would it be.

2)

a) TheHunter does not appear to go through any radical changes but rather small, incremental ones. Is this just due to the continual development strategy that is employed or not wanting to confuse/upset the existing player base or is there perhaps another reason?

b) Do you feel that perhaps an overhaul of some areas of the game design are perhaps needed. Such as skills, animal behaviour, achievements, permitted weapons etc, etc.

3) If you could have one completely unrealistic feature in the game, what would it be.
buMf00d

Post by buMf00d »

Are there any plans to improve on the sound design? To be more specific, I really like to walk around the forests and stuff and hear the birds whistling and that kind of stuff. It would be nice to hear a lot more different bird sounds.

Another thing that seems like a nice idea is more wind noises, walking in an open field are having the wind come in stronger and hearing it gushing past you.

Will there ever be some sort of bird spotting, comparable to the mushroom collecting?
Rocky83

Post by Rocky83 »

Hi Björn,
Sorry for my bad English...my Schooltime is long time ago! ;-)
At First: Congratulation for this great Game, and that its become better and better! I am an Hunter in Real Life and its great to see the Gameplay! But Sometimes i miss something and this results my Question:

1. Become the Game an Realistic Bullet System, That you can hit two animals with the same Bullet (when the stay close together/behind)?
2. Will You add Scopes, which you must config (distance)?
3. Will come the Support for an 5 or 7 Switch Mouse, that i can use more then 3 Buttons and the wheel)?
4. Will come an Ingame-Voice-Chat...like TeamSpeak or something?
5. It is possible to integrated small Animals...like "Baby-Moose" or shoat etc.?
6. And why i can not erase Massages from other Players or DOC?
7. Will come Dogs and Vehicles? <- I know its a terrible Question!

Its all for the First Time...I hope that you answer some questions...

And Thanks to You and Your Team for This Game!
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

hi björn and thanks for this ama :D

my questions are these:
1) did your team think about changing the games engine in the past? i don´t want to know if it´s going to change and when exactly. i just want to know if you (or the team) think it´s needed.

2) after you guys took over this game, i can remember somebody saying "we want to add as many huntable animals from around the world as possible". is this statement still valid? will we see different species and reserves from africa, asia etc. in the future? (again i don´t want to know what exactly you´re working on in the moment ;) )

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”