Ask Me Anything with Björn

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Ask Me Anything with Björn

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks for taking the time to do this AMA. :)

Q1: After releasing a new animal, do you ever decrease the probability for finding a high score after some time?

Q2: After introducing the goose to Hirschfelden, did you have to decrease the number of the other animals?

Q3: Is the animal distribution the same for all starting times, or will there be more of a species at a certain time and less at another time?

Q4: Do you developers ever use the Wiki to look up information? :)

Q5: On a scale from 1 to 10, how accurate would you say are these maps?

Q6: EW does not publish a lot of information about the game itself, the knowledge is usually collected by the community and made available through the forums or the Wikis. You support us many times in this process, however there is some information that is never revealed, such as how the spotting/tracking estimation system works, or how many animals there are in each reserve, etc. What is your rule for when you are happy to share information, and when you want to keep it a secret?

Q7: Last but not least, what is your most wanted feature that is missing in this game?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

When starting on a new design being it concept or item, do you start by doodling on paper or you never leave the screen?
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Hello Björn!

I was wondering...

Hint of the next species?

Why it is not Permited to shoot elk with the R8?

Thanks Björn
Spoiler:

EndPin
Scout

Post by EndPin »

Hi Bjorn. Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions.

My question is, will there ever, in the near future, be a possibility for quests to be able to place world items such as tree stands, ground blinds or tripods, in MP games? (I'm not thinking about tents, as that would cause problems). I think that is the feature I miss most in MP games.

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Hiya Bjorn!

Ok, I got a few very important questions for you that I'm sure the whole community is just dying to know:

A) Blondes or brunettes?

B) Pepsi or Coke?

C) What is the proper response when your wife/girlfriend asks "Do this make me look fat?"

D) Ok, now that we had a little fun, here is the real question: what has the atmosphere at the EW office been like? Example: is it fairly light hearted, totally serious, etc.

Last question: What is the thing that you, as the lead guy and programmer, find the most interesting about the game, as well as the most frustrating thing?
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

hello bjorn.

my question is alot like a few of the other questions.

will there ever be a big upgrade to the game?. whether it be a complete overhaul, a better engine or mabe an upgrade in the graphics?.

if so, is this something we could expect in the not to distant future.

many thanks, L3M182
Gooseman81
Outfitter

Post by Gooseman81 »

Hello Björn first of all thx in advance for answering our questions...

1) as a Game Desinger how important is longevity of the game for you.

2) how important are adaptation of real life items (like blaser (anschütz) guns, aimpoint scopes...etc.) for the game, as many hunter love to see this in real life very expensive items in the game and use them there where they (maybe) couldnt in real life.

3) Are you planning of expending the "socical" aspekt of the hunter further by addin true Multiplayer comps, Hunting Clubs (aka guilds) or Hunting Lodges for a Group of player (aka Guild housing)

4) How important is the imersive feeling of the game for you ?

5) the hunter say's "the most realistic hunting game" so if you were forced^^ (just only for good sake) how would you score the gaming and simulation parts in the hunter ( 50/50, 75/25 or so...)

thx again Björn keep up the good work guys and gals :)
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Hello Bjorn, thank you for this AMA opportunity, and for The Hunter.

My first question is one that I'm sure many of us would like to have answered.
How difficult would it be to change the specific data of two of The Hunter's weapons so they could be ethical for hunting Roosevelt Elk and also Red Fox, and what would the objections be for making such a change ?
The weapons that I am referring to are the 6.5 x 55 Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle, and the new .30-30 Lever Action Liberator Rifle.
Both of these weapons are ethical for hunting Coyote, Feral Hog, Red Deer, and Wild Boar, but not for Roosevelt Elk or Red Fox.
Just wondering if you would consider making the change for either one of the weapons, or both ?

I was also wondering if there are plans to add more waterfowl species, (Pintail, Wood Ducks, Snow or Grey Geese, possibly Canvasbacks, Redheads, or Scaup) to the existing or future Reserves ?
I know that you cannot release information on specific additions that are forth coming, but sure would enjoy the variety when it comes to seeing and hunting Waterfowl.

Thank you Bjorn once again for your fantastic work with the production of The Hunter... 8-)
Spoiler:
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

another question just arose while playing thehunter:
is it possible for you guys the bring more variety into animals death? like some animals die instantly when two organs are shot, other run away for a short distance etc.?

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

On the less serious side of things from on coder to another.

Is theHunter code commented in Swedish or English?

and

If Swedish, is that because the obvious threat of hostile Canadian takeover? :o :lol:

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”