Ask Me Anything with Alena

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Ask Me Anything with Alena

Post by Alena Rybik »

Swampfox49 wrote:Alena, thank you so much for this AMA section. I'm sure each of us will benefit the information that you provide.
Just a quick question, I was wondering about the rare species of Mallards (Albino, Golden, and Black/Melanistic).
Just wondered when they will be officially posted and designated as what is rare, and what is a variant, and when they might be displayed on the Wiki page (Species/Animals, Animal Fur Variations)? Thanks again... 8-)
Thank you for the question! The work on posting and designating the rare Mallard variations is now in progress, I can not tell the exact date when it's going to be finished, but hopefully soon.

The Wiki has just been updated: Rare Mallard Variations Wiki.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Denny Loomis wrote:what are gm$ used for? and how?
This post will give you a good understanding what gm$ are and what they can be used for.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

theGreyWolf wrote:Will we get a fifth species on HD bevor every country of the world has its own hat?
There is no rule that defines how many species a reserve should have. Most of EHRs have 5 at the moment, that's true, but it doesn't mean that all will have the same amount. We will be adding more animals to certain reserves, maybe also to Hemmeldal. I can't tell for sure whether and when it's going to happen, but if it is, then certainly before every country of the world gets its own hat, since there are quite many countries in the world and it would take us ages to create hats for all of them ;)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Cutch wrote:Long ago, the Devs said they WOULD add wt, md, and bt NON-Typicals
in our game, has that been removed from the "to do list", or is it something they will add
down the line :?:
A deer hunting game is not complete WITHOUT non-typicals. And our game motto is:
"As Real As It Gets",...how about we live up to that slogan?

I've asked this same question in the past,....several times,..but never got a response, Image thank you.
We have no immediate plans to add Non-Typical antlers right now, but it's not impossible that it will happen at some point.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

theGreyWolf wrote:Hello,
I think it would be nice if somedays a use would be given to the collectables.
Maybee a little set of missions or something like that.
Is someone of the team still thinking about them from time to time, or is the whole topic "collectables" dead and closed, like the missing of them on RB let me suppose?

Thank you for this nice thread. It is really nice to have the option to ask something directly to one of the team.
Thank you for your questions. We have not been planning to add use to collectables so far, but the idea sounds interesting and we might think about introducing it in the future.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Les Rebelles wrote:
----

First: Will there be a new species of ducks such as Teal, the Pintail, Shoveler or the geese?
Second: Are you going to hunt at night in the hut for the duck?
Third: Will you get a telescope for shotguns better than the shotgun?

----

You do what the francophone community?
You never answer their questions!
Think of those who do not speak à word of English!
First: Adding more ducks species is definitely a possibility.
Second: In the future we want to do night hunting for those species for which it makes sense.
Third: I don't really understand your question, sorry.

We do not differentiate between communities of different languages; if you somehow got an impression that we're ignoring the francophone community, my sincere apologies. Unfortunately, I do not speak French myself and can not answer questions in that language. For everyone's convenience, this community is English only, but there are a lot of fan sites and communities in other languages for those who can't speak English and want to talk about theHunter.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

SgtViper wrote:Don't know if this has been asked but, is there going to be saveable preset loadout for our inventory?? Like 5 or 10 slots so we can just load them and go??
IE.. 12 gauge shotgun, snakebite bow, ammo, scope, extra ammo, deer grunt, hog squeal, binocs, tree stand, sneaky 3d camo clothing, (Loggers Point #1)... didn't want to bring up an old thread
felt it was preferable to ask... thanks for your time....

SgtViper
Yes, it is on our To-Do list.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

JerseyD wrote:Are you, or any dev you are associated with a Vegan? Inquiring minds want to know :P
No, at least not that I know of. There is a chance someone is a secret vegan, which I am not aware of ;)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

KIKMASTER wrote:will the mallard competition be available in single player mode?
It's possible, but in a way you can already do this by setting up a private server.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

azwoodsman wrote:Thank you for taking a q&a

I wonder if Mule deer could be placed on another map

maybe it is only me but I have never wounded a coyote and found it dead, I have wounded bears deer elk moose and found them dead but the yote just seems to go and go until I find him and shoot him again I just shot one in the liver (my bad) tracked him over 2000 meters and had to shoot him again I have shot deer and elk in the liver and found them dead within 500 meters.
We are not planning to add a Mule Deer to other maps in the nearest future, but it might happen at some point.

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”