Ask Me Anything with Alena

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Ask Me Anything with Alena

Post by Alena Rybik »

TundraPuppy wrote:Hi!

A question that has often come up on these forums, and that we as the community have seen activity on lately are the accusations of whether spawn camping/mashing is a legitimate form of play. Is this style of play something that the developers officially see as an acceptable way that players may choose to conduct their hunting practices?
We do not disallow spawn mashing, although we do agree that this is not an optimal way to play theHunter and this is not how we want people to hunt. However, if a person has bought a membership, it's their choice how to use it. In my personal opinion, they simply deprive themselves of the enjoyment of a proper hunt.
It's a different thing when it comes to competitions though, and we always try to set a reasonable amount of attempts to make sure that players who practice spawn mashing don't have an advantage over other hunters.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Can I have a cookie?

;)
Here you are ;)

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

lisarob wrote:- what's your favourite hunting item in the game at the moment and what weapon would you develop if you could decide by yourself
- what's the geme species you personally would like to see in the game
-what's your favourite hunting map developped and what would world region would you portray personally speaking in a future map?
-which genesis had the original wonderful "the hunter" score music? the main theme. did it come from a particular gaming music artist?
Thanks for the great questions lisarob, I very much enjoyed coming up with the answers. Here goes:
- My favourite hunting item is probably a Compound bow ”Snakebite”, although I like all bows and the crossbow. I would develop another crossbow, if I can choose.
- Perhaps a caribou and an antelope, but those species will most likely require creating new reserves.
- My favourite existing map is Red Feather Falls; and a Canadian reserve would be really interesting.
- The original theHunter theme was composed by Mats Lundgren from Avalanche Studios who have also created music for Just Cause 2 and Mad Max. I've forwarded him your feedback, it made him glad that you liked the theme :)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

azwoodsman wrote:One other thing are there any plans for new weekly competitions and any plans for more multi player competitions even if the number of players had to be limited it would be fun to do a lot of the competitions with a friend.
Yes, we do have plans to introduce new weekly competitions, and some of them will be the multiplayer ones. I can not give you the exact time frame though, sorry!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

abslayer wrote:Will I ever be loved by the EW staff again :( :lol: :lol:

And here is the cut off from wise guys response to my ??

I know I know I was never loved :( :(
Can I have a cookie 8-)
I am not aware of any love related issues on the EW staff's side, so I can not give a reliable answer to this question. But generally speaking, love is quite an unpredictable matter, and I'd recommend to never stop hoping when it comes to it ;)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Flanker305 wrote:If you had the chance to change something in TheHunter, regardless what the Devs OR the community wants or thinks is wise, smart or profitable, what would it be?
In other words: if this was YOUR game, what would you change first?
This is my most favourite question from the whole AMA session, thanks for asking it Flanker! I left it to be answered last, because it took me a lot of contemplating and pondering ;) Anyway, here is what I'd change if theHunter was my game: Since I am a community person at heart, I'd focus on adding more functionality to make the game more ”social”, this would include: enhanced multiplayer mode, collaborative competitions, hunters' in-game sub-communities, user-generated content playing a crucial role, gifts etc. etc.

Please note that this is my personal opinion which doesn't necessarily corresponds with the EW views and can by no means be interpreted as a prediction what's going to happen to theHunter in the future.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thank you everyone who participated! All 34 posts with questions have now been replied to; and I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the process!

I've created a separate topic for you to share your feedback about this AMA. Let me know what worked well and what could have been done better. Thanks!

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”