Sambar caller...please

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Sambar caller...please

Post by Deconstructed »

DanthemanBoone wrote:The reality is that when callers or scents are introduced we DON'T have a choice not to use them.
If you are going to free hunt in single player then Fair enough, you can forego the use of them.
But if you want to hunt in a competition then in order to stay competitive you are going to have to resort to their use.
There really is No choice. You will be FORCED to hunt with them or you might as well give up those competitions.. Unless of course the Devs were to introduce some comps "No Scents, baits or callers" That I could live with.
And so was born the "Take a Dark Red Puma with a heart shot at over 100m (Traditional bows only, no scents, baits or callers)" comp. :o :D
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Deconstructed wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:The reality is that when callers or scents are introduced we DON'T have a choice not to use them.
If you are going to free hunt in single player then Fair enough, you can forego the use of them.
But if you want to hunt in a competition then in order to stay competitive you are going to have to resort to their use.
There really is No choice. You will be FORCED to hunt with them or you might as well give up those competitions.. Unless of course the Devs were to introduce some comps "No Scents, baits or callers" That I could live with.
And so was born the "Take a Dark Red Puma with a heart shot at over 100m (Traditional bows only, no scents, baits or callers)" comp. :o :D
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Quiet, you! We do NOT want to give BCKidd any more evil ideas!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/kXdGpJwd/shhh-the-office-michael-scott.gif[/bigimg]
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

always a choice just depends if you like the results of choice hehe.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

My opinions lie with Dan's explanation. If it were a free for all singleplayer game, sure, hunt however you want. It would have zero impact on me.

But it's not a singleplayer game, even if the game mode you select is singleplayer. Everything you do still impacts the overall leaderboards, and it will impact competitions if you participate in them too-- which effects everyone.

Once you introduce something to making hunting a species easier, not using that method puts you at a severe disadvantage of placing on the leaderboards or in a competition. If you want to roleplay and limit yourself for the sake of fun with easier methods present, by all means do it. But for those who play competitively or even casually hoping to place on a leaderboard, it becomes unrealistic to compete with those who are using the advantage. Yes, anyone can shoot a trophy animal anywhere anytime. Hunting is as much luck as it is skill. But in the long run, no, those at a disadvantage aren't competitive. And that's what Dan means by a player being forced to use it.

If you give every species an attractant, there is nothing unique in this game. Every animal would be a copy/paste of every other. I would rather not see that, I think we have more than enough species that you can kill without ever stepping foot out of a stand.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

xOEDragonx wrote: If you give every species an attractant, there is nothing unique in this game. Every animal would be a copy/paste of every other. I would rather not see that, I think we have more than enough species that you can kill without ever stepping foot out of a stand.
While I agree I don't want cop and paste. The issue for me is the disparity of ease to pile up bodies when looking at achievements and such. While I can and have harvested 40-50 Moose or Roosevelt elk in a single hunt, getting 4-5 Puma or Grizzly in a single hunt is a pretty good hunt. This disparity is frustrating (at least with achievements and hunter score in mind). I don't need to take 40-50 Puma and Grizzlies a hunt but a little help with those numbers would be nice. In the context we are speaking now, I think Sambar and scent are fine.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Exactly. Unfortunately it ceases to be a matter of choice because of the competitions.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

BTW I loved the No scents baits of callers competitions!
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

The consideration shouldn't be excluded because a select and very few choose to play the game a certain way. My vote is to include more callers. Those who choose to play without features like callers and the hunter mate or spotting scope (etc) can continue to make that choice.

With all that's been added to the game capacity cost is something I believe needs to be addressed before more equipment and animals are added to the game. The way capacity is has made it impossible to carry all the gear we need. A deer caller doesn't weigh .5kg/1.1 lbs.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Bort wrote:The consideration shouldn't be excluded because a select and very few choose to play the game a certain way. My vote is to include more callers. Those who choose to play without features like callers and the hunter mate or spotting scope (etc) can continue to make that choice.

With all that's been added to the game capacity cost is something I believe needs to be addressed before more equipment and animals are added to the game. The way capacity is has made it impossible to carry all the gear we need. A deer caller doesn't weigh .5kg/1.1 lbs.
Extra capacity comes at a cost. Just get a dog and a dog backpack and you can carry 3 weapons, or even 4 plus ammo callers and consumables.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I don't want a dog with me. I shouldn't have to have one. Dogs spook and the way they don't work is annoying.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”