Sambar caller...please

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Sambar caller...please

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Bort wrote:
The consideration shouldn't be excluded because a select and very few choose to play the game a certain way. My vote is to include more callers. Those who choose to play without features like callers and the hunter mate or spotting scope (etc) can continue to make that choice.

Those who choose to play without features like dogs and dog packs can continue to make that choice.

Bort wrote:
I don't want a dog with me. I shouldn't have to have one. Dogs spook and the way they don't work is annoying.

There are so many different experiences reported on the forums. Just sorry yours have been less than Ideal.
I have had both retriever and tracking dog since they were introduced. I have never seen either spook animals. But I have countless times seen animals walk up against them and bounce off without spooking.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Bort wrote:I don't want a dog with me. I shouldn't have to have one. Dogs spook and the way they don't work is annoying.
Ok, then try a Jeep. Tons of storage, they don't bark and you don't have to give them a treat after you collect your harvest.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
Bort wrote:I don't want a dog with me. I shouldn't have to have one. Dogs spook and the way they don't work is annoying.
Ok, then try a Jeep. Tons of storage, they don't bark and you don't have to give them a treat after you collect your harvest.
Yeah a jeep is so much better. The vehicles don't spook anything at all.

I support the idea of having more callers. They shouldn't be excluded for everyone because of a minority opinion.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Bort wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
Yeah a jeep is so much better. The vehicles don't spook anything at all.

I support the idea of having more callers. They shouldn't be excluded for everyone because of a minority opinion.
This sounds so familiar. Oh that's it! A month ago I called for a SAMBAR deer caller and a few months ago I called for a FALLOW deer caller. And late last year, I called for a DALL Sheep caller. So let's see what happened. NO on the first, NO, and another NO. I think there's a trend.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Alphamale1956 wrote: This sounds so familiar. Oh that's it! A month ago I called for a SAMBAR deer caller and a few months ago I called for a FALLOW deer caller. And late last year, I called for a DALL Sheep caller. So let's see what happened. NO on the first, NO, and another NO. I think there's a trend.
Fallow Deer caller: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/352

Dall Sheep: Vocal, easy to sneak up on, easy to pick off at range, don't run very far. I'm good with no caller for those.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

If there were callers for all animals think itwould become an overly repetitive play style. Am not the greatest fan of deer hunting in game wouldn't bother me if they all had callers but prefer me sheep as is. Lot of fun finding them for me anyway. Sheep as is = best hunting in the game IMHO.

Find dogs take their camo off of the hunter, stance location etc, also when they bark they telling you your about to spook an animal. F7 only command you need to control dog when most animals about.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Ogruls is right dogs don't spook the animal when they are lying down or in stay position. (Which is easy to control). if the dogs are in a sit stay position YOU spooked them hehe.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”