Item Donation

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Item Donation

Post by OldMtnMan »

Yes, the store keeps track of everything you own. Even the count of ammo, sprays etc. When I don't want to go into the game to see how much I have left I just check the store.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Tod1d wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:Sadly, another reason for duplicates and more is that I ordered today what I bought yesterday. Yep, stupid but it does happen. You buy maybe a scope one day because it was on sale and a week later you buy both weapon, ammo, AND scope only to find out you forgot about previous purchase. Could they install either "Already bought" warnings or just simply refuse the transaction? Nah, why would they? My mistake, their gain.
The store already has "You own: 1" on individual items, and a "You Own" column on bundles. You just have to read it. ;)
Why not just cancel the sale automatically? At my age it's pretty hard to see all the fine print. But I get it. They're a business and business comes first.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tod1d wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:Sadly, another reason for duplicates and more is that I ordered today what I bought yesterday. Yep, stupid but it does happen. You buy maybe a scope one day because it was on sale and a week later you buy both weapon, ammo, AND scope only to find out you forgot about previous purchase. Could they install either "Already bought" warnings or just simply refuse the transaction? Nah, why would they? My mistake, their gain.
The store already has "You own: 1" on individual items, and a "You Own" column on bundles. You just have to read it. ;)
Yes, that has saved me a time or three, from buying something I already own, 'less o'course I want to have two. Scopes are an example of that. So with the "You Own" is how EW has made it so that unless we want two of the same, we've been warned that we already own that particular item. If they refused transactions because we already own something, then folks would be annoyed, because maybe they wanted two things the same, and now the transaction is denied. That wouldn't go over to well, and there would be more steps to finally get that 2nd scope, or decoy or whatever we wanted. Denying transactions isn't the answer. The answer is already listed as "You Own". ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

BCKidd wrote:
Tod1d wrote:
Yes, that has saved me a time or three, from buying something I already own, 'less o'course I want to have two. Scopes are an example of that. So with the "You Own" is how EW has made it so that unless we want two of the same, we've been warned that we already own that particular item. If they refused transactions because we already own something, then folks would be annoyed, because maybe they wanted two things the same, and now the transaction is denied. That wouldn't go over to well, and there would be more steps to finally get that 2nd scope, or decoy or whatever we wanted. Denying transactions isn't the answer. The answer is already listed as "You Own". ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Why again would you need two scopes? You can only fire one rifle or pistol at a time. The scope that fits on one wep can be exchanged to fit on another. Not that many would be annoyed at not having the prospect to purchase two of the same thing. Rather what they should have is an auto-cancel with a special override if you REALLY want to spend more on the same item. Furthermore, they should separate the BUY EM$/GM$ buttons. As it is now, the GM$ is underneath the EM$ button. It's easy to accidentally hit one for the other. There is no confirmation as to which one you wanted so that's another area where they have left a hole in the road and expect YOU to go around it instead of just removing it. It's like finding a dollar bill that someone JUST dropped and you pick it up and keep it rationalizing that the guy should have been more cautious...but it's his loss.
Last edited by Alphamale1956 on December 22nd, 2021, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

BCKidd wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

BCKidd.
Scope is probably not a good example. We can use the same scope on more than one gun. Why would anybody need more than one? ;)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

OldMtnMan wrote:Scope is probably not a good example. We can use the same scope on more than one gun. Why would anybody need more than one? ;)
I've often hunted with the same model scope mounted on 2 weapons at the same time. This includes rifles, handguns, and shotguns. I'd rather have 2 of the same scopes pre-mounted, than have to switch them from one weapon to the other during the hunt, especially in a MP hunt where the game doesn't pause when you enter inventory.
Personal Bests...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Tod1d wrote:

BCKidd.
Why again would you need two scopes? You can only fire one rifle or pistol at a time. The scope that fits on one wep can be exchanged to fit on another. Not that many would be annoyed at not having the prospect to purchase two of the same thing. Rather what they should have is an auto-cancel with a special override if you REALLY want to spend more on the same item. Furthermore, they should separate the BUY EM$/GM$ buttons. As it is now, the GM$ is underneath the EM$ button. It's easy to accidentally hit one for the other. There is no confirmation as to which one you wanted so that's another area where they have left a hole in the road and expect YOU to go around it instead of just removing it. It's like finding a dollar bill that someone JUST dropped and you pick it up and keep it rationalizing that the guy should have been more cautious...but it's his loss.
Fletchette wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:Scope is probably not a good example. We can use the same scope on more than one gun. Why would anybody need more than one? ;)
I've often hunted with the same model scope mounted on 2 weapons at the same time. This includes rifles, handguns, and shotguns. I'd rather have 2 of the same scopes pre-mounted, than have to switch them from one weapon to the other during the hunt, especially in a MP hunt where the game doesn't pause when you enter inventory.
Exactly. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I stick to reality in the game and nobody hunts with two guns in real hunting unless one of them is a handgun.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Fortunately, you can and some do pack two, maybe three weapons with them in theHunter Classic. That is the reality of the game. And it is a good enough reason for some to own two of the same scopes. Would have hated to have had those transactions denied, and have to go through more steps to finally purchase them. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”