Camo Tent Perks

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Camo Tent Perks

Post by OldMtnMan »

ogruls wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I don't quite understand. If you're at a tent to can change weapons. No need to leave and re-enter to get a different spawn.
Example, last WT mission needs 7 different weapons to complete..........start hunt get call within 2min kill buck, harvest buck, return to tent swap out weapon, rinse repeat, can see you going to tent 4 or 5 times in a short time............
How are you going to the tent? FT or leaving the game and coming back? Don't you need to leave the game to get a new spawn? I didn't think FT did it?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:
ogruls wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I don't quite understand. If you're at a tent to can change weapons. No need to leave and re-enter to get a different spawn.
Example, last WT mission needs 7 different weapons to complete..........start hunt get call within 2min kill buck, harvest buck, return to tent swap out weapon, rinse repeat, can see you going to tent 4 or 5 times in a short time............
How are you going to the tent? FT or leaving the game and coming back? Don't you need to leave the game to get a new spawn? I didn't think FT did it?
Usually walk back to it as FT be on reset timer, if off timer might FT depends on hunt at the time, just pointing out there are reasons for visiting tents during hunts outwith your allegation of "cheating", which it ain't. It's up to the individual how they play the game, if they want to SM up to them, 9/10 their loss as miss so much that the game has to offer by doing it, am not bothered what others do as long as it ain't hacking , speed,wall etc, none of my business TBH.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I thought we were talking about spawn mashing? You need to go out and back in to get a new spawn. That's the cheating. Going back and forth until you get a good spawn.

Not just staying in the game and walking back to the tent. I do that all the time. It doesn't gain you a thing. How can it be cheating?

Spawn mashing gains something over those who don't do it. Anytime you get an advantage by exploiting the game it's cheating in my eyes. It's not in the spirit of fair play.

I don't mind getting beat in competitions as long as it's done fair and equal for everybody.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Nope, just pointing out that going to a tent "more than once in a short period of time" is not cheating. Personally am not fussed if folk SM up to them how they play the game, no right way or wrong way to enjoy the game, more a disadvantage than an advantage as you miss out on a lot by doing it if you ask me. Concern where it affects competitions, think the limited attempts takes care of it for SP comps, for MP comps I stay clear of them as you can be up against it, folk spotting for friends in the comps etc.
More concerned where you see youtube vids made over multiple hunts and presented as being all done in one hunt, find them laughable & sad TBH........................anyway veering well off topic, camo bonus for correct tent in reserve, nice idea but no thanks.
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

OldMtnMan wrote:Spawn mashing gains something over those who don't do it. Anytime you get an advantage by exploiting the game it's cheating in my eyes. It's not in the spirit of fair play.
What is gained? What advantage? All I can think of maybe is they have a higher chance at getting an animal higher on the leaderboard than another person. As was already brought out, competitions have a limited amount of attempts. So someone spawn mashing has a disadvantage over someone hunting for longer periods every attempt. And beyond that, the rest is a singleplayer game. So why can’t people play how they want?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

If the competition is for one best scoring animal and mashing 5-6 times gets you that. You have your score and don't need any more attempts.

What does single player have to do with it? It's a competition. If you don't understand fair play in a competition I guess you'll do whatever it takes to win.

Being honest used to have more meaning.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:If the competition is for one best scoring animal and mashing 5-6 times gets you that. You have your score and don't need any more attempts.

What does single player have to do with it? It's a competition. If you don't understand fair play in a competition I guess you'll do whatever it takes to win.

Being honest used to have more meaning.
Simple reason why Community hosted Comps came to be- strict rules need to be followed. Since EW only allows five- ten attempts max in regular comps, that is how they deal with SM. It shouldn't matter how any competitor uses up those Attempts. It is still being honest, 'cause they are following EW's rules. If it was something EW wanted to do to curb SM then they'd make their comps with a required time per hunt. The thing is, not every competitor has the time to spend 1 Real Time hour in a hunt. So, by adding a required time- wouldn't that make it unfair for those who haven't got the time to spend? There are always two sides to a coin... ;) Peace,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

Wow this thread went into a direction i did not see coming. I only want a reason to buy/place camo tents over trapper/orange ones. :mrgreen:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

BC.............True. There's my side and the wrong side. :lol:
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

EricGiftzahn wrote:Wow this thread went into a direction i did not see coming. I only want a reason to buy/place camo tents over trapper/orange ones. :mrgreen:
I think it simply boils down to personal choice. I honestly don't think it makes any difference what tent color or type of tent you use- except for maybe cost. When I place a tent I try to use the same tent camo as the environment, but really it doesn't make a difference, and if it does I'm not aware of it. ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”