Camo Tent Perks

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Camo Tent Perks

Post by EricGiftzahn »

As we all know, it doesn't give a benefit whatever tent we put on a map. Tropic Camo on WHI or Snow Camo Tent on BRR, it doesn't matter.
I thought about that and think we need some perks for different camo types.

#1 lowering the spook radius when joining into the game (not fasttravel) from 150m>20m (like fasttravel) when the tents camo match to the reserve
#2 trapper tent gives you 1 spray of scent elimantor instantly when joining or fasttravel to it and lower deer spook radius to 20m
#3 heated tent (only perk tent so far "hypothermia") also lowering spook radius when camo match
#4 orange tent (same price as camo tents), 1 scent elimator spray instantly and lower animals (except deer) spook radius to 20m

maybe you have some other ideas, let me know.
jttoo
Hunter

Re: Camo Tent Perks

Post by jttoo »

If tent camo is changed to actually have an affect we need to be able to trade-in the tents we currently have. I purposely buy and use the most inappropriate tents for the reserve, just so that they stand out. I'll use Blaze-orange or Tropical-green for Whiterime, and Artic-white for most other reserves.
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

Unfortunately lowering the radius at which animals are allowed to roam when spawning at a tent, down to 20m, would cause terrible problems with spawn mashing. At least fast traveling costs something in order to get right in the middle of animals at the start of a game
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I don't get being panelized for spawning to a tent. It's a tent. You sleep in tents. That's how I use it. I only spawn to a tent one time in a day. I imagine I slept all night in the tent and i'm getting up to go hunt. Like real hunting huh? We shouldn't get get a penalty for using a tent as it's intended.

There should be a way to stop spawn mashing. Like being about being able to go to a tent just once a day or some other time period. Just like fast travel but make it longer. There's no reason why someone should need to go to a tent more than once in a short period of time, except to cheat. Yes, a strong word but that's what it is.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote: There's no reason why someone should need to go to a tent more than once in a short period of time, except to cheat. Yes, a strong word but that's what it is.
There's plenty other reasons, such as missions, forgetting a caller or other piece of equipment, changing out equipment etc etc.
Last edited by ogruls on August 27th, 2021, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, that could be in the programmed to allow if you're doing a mission. I don't do missions, so didn't think of that.

What are plenty more?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:Ok, that could be in the programmed to allow if you're doing a mission. I don't do missions, so didn't think of that.

What are plenty more?
Forgetting equipment, swapping out equipment as you hunt different species.....................................doubt you could "programme in" doing missions, often am doing 3 or 4 animal mission at the same time so swap out weapons as missions tick off, or am 3 or 4 missions ahead of one am doing with kills lying out for harvests etc..........am no fussed about other spawn mashing, up to them how they play the game and get their enjoyment, only affects me if doing competitions and they got attempt limits per comp to counter it.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I don't quite understand. If you're at a tent to can change weapons. No need to leave and re-enter to get a different spawn.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:I don't quite understand. If you're at a tent to can change weapons. No need to leave and re-enter to get a different spawn.
Example, last WT mission needs 7 different weapons to complete..........start hunt get call within 2min kill buck, harvest buck, return to tent swap out weapon, rinse repeat, can see you going to tent 4 or 5 times in a short time............
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

OldMtnMan wrote:I don't quite understand. If you're at a tent to can change weapons. No need to leave and re-enter to get a different spawn.
You don't get a different spawn...
Personal Bests...

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”