Make retrievers collect antlers too!

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Brutus969
Scout

Make retrievers collect antlers too!

Post by Brutus969 »

Then there would be another reason to bring them with you if you are not hunting waterfowl :D

And it makes sense right, I can imagine a doggo gnawing some antlers.

And if that could be implemented before the end of this event (which is completely unrelated) that would be a nice bonus :)
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Re: Make retrievers collect antlers too!

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I guess it would be too easy, that is why it's not gonna happen. Think this way: dog gets them, you fill the achivements bar in no time and then it's boring and useless. Right ? The way it is currently is more challenging than any other choice (it encourages you to explore the map for example), so in my opinion a status quo is rather preferrable for the time being.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

There should never be a way for a dog to be told to find a collectible in the vicinity. That would make finding them far too effortless on the player's part.

But what I've thought several times would be cute and functional is if, once in a while, a dog that crosses within a certain distance of a single/double antler collectible (and isn't already performing a command) would pick it up and carry it or stop to sniff it momentarily. There should not be anything to notify the player, no bark or icon or anything. Just if you're paying attention, you'll see your dog do something unique and get a hint that there's an antler collectible there. If the dog picks it up, he'll set it down and leave it after carrying it a very short distance or he'll set it down when given a command. The collectible would stay in the general area it was initially found, just moved 20-30m if the dog did grab it. I think it would be another cute way to interact with and utilize the dogs in the game. It would be random, not a gaurantee, and all dog breeds should be able to do it. I just find myself time and time again walking through the EHR with the dog and thinking how fun it would be to glance over and see him distracted by an antler.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

xOEDragonx wrote:There should never be a way for a dog to be told to find a collectible in the vicinity. That would make finding them far too effortless on the player's part.
You sait it perfectly Dragon!

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”