Permanent Treasure Chests

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Permanent Treasure Chests

Post by HooCairs »

It appears that as soon as there is something to collect, people are animated to play more. Just look at the discussions here in the forum, on Discord, on Steam, etc. due to the collectibles mission.

How about this idea for a permanent feature? Every time I start a hunt, I can know that there is exactly one treasure chest somewhere in the reserve.

It could contain simple things such as
- cheap consumables
- a few gm$
- maybe a few em$

And then 1 out of 10 could contain a better items, such as
- big amount of gm$ or em$s
- deployable tower
- piece of clothing that I do not yet own

Even the smallest item would make people go for that box, I am pretty certain.

(Example from GTA)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Permanent Treasure Chests

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Hoo I love it! Treasure hunting let's go! :)
HogSqueak
Tracker

Post by HogSqueak »

As much as i like the idea i think some people would just spawn mash it. And with a little bit of luck they would find it every hunt pretty easily. They take a jeep and drive till they find it. I would say make it spawn very rarely with good prizes OR spawn very often with few gms.
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

Great idea men!

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

HogSqueak wrote:As much as i like the idea i think some people would just spawn mash it. And with a little bit of luck they would find it every hunt pretty easily. They take a jeep and drive till they find it. I would say make it spawn very rarely with good prizes OR spawn very often with few gms.

I dont think SM would apply here, the thing with spawnmashers is that they sm to make the mos profit vs less time, if there is only one chest in the whole reserve, even with a jeep it could take hours to find it, unlike animals, you must almost walk/drive over it to see a collectable, and if is for the chance of win some few gms, well any spawnmasher would probably get more and more easily by killing animals. even a chance of find a tower or piece of clothes wont make too worthy imo, again just grinding and spawnmashers grind, they can get it faster by grinding animals for gms and buy the item in the store.

So, in the end i see this like a good idea, it could add some novelty to maps, some interest to walk places not usually in our hunting route, and little to no drawback, and if the prices are adjusted correctly, it wont turn the hunting into a treasure hunt fest, just a side bonus. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HogSqueak
Tracker

Post by HogSqueak »

VonStratos wrote:
HogSqueak wrote:As much as i like the idea i think some people would just spawn mash it. And with a little bit of luck they would find it every hunt pretty easily. They take a jeep and drive till they find it. I would say make it spawn very rarely with good prizes OR spawn very often with few gms.

I dont think SM would apply here, the thing with spawnmashers is that they sm to make the mos profit vs less time, if there is only one chest in the whole reserve, even with a jeep it could take hours to find it, unlike animals, you must almost walk/drive over it to see a collectable, and if is for the chance of win some few gms, well any spawnmasher would probably get more and more easily by killing animals. even a chance of find a tower or piece of clothes wont make too worthy imo, again just grinding and spawnmashers grind, they can get it faster by grinding animals for gms and buy the item in the store.

So, in the end i see this like a good idea, it could add some novelty to maps, some interest to walk places not usually in our hunting route, and little to no drawback, and if the prices are adjusted correctly, it wont turn the hunting into a treasure hunt fest, just a side bonus. ;)
You know based on the last couple of hours not finding any antlers for the mission im gonna have to agree with you. Finding one chest on a whole map would be a real pita. But i still think that if ems would be included as prize many players would be testing their luck with sm.
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Nice idea, but obvious need some requirements, or I will spawnmashing for sure :X
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

If there was one chest per reserve, spawn mashing would get you no advantage. In fact, it would theoretically take longer then running around, because you need to wait 1 minute to have the next game up.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”