Tree markers or paint

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Cauliflower
Tracker

Tree markers or paint

Post by Cauliflower »

Sometimes when you set up a tree stand and you have so many trees around, it's hard to pinpoint exactly where it is. The GPS only does so much. The leaves on the trees also can make spotting the actual tree where you put the tree stand a little difficult at times. Having the bark painted or having the tree marked that you set up the tree stand on, would make things a lot easier. I know you can look up and still find it... I just find having the bark a different color or something on the bark stating "this is where the tree stand is", to save a lot of time trying to find it.

If that seems like a lot to do, maybe have it to where people can enter their tree stand from a further distance. Sort of like how it is with the electric caller. You may not be exactly near it, but you can turn it on if you are close. Is it possible to do this with a tree stand instead of directly trying to find the tree it's at?
Brutus969
Scout

Re: Tree markers or paint

Post by Brutus969 »

This is what flags can be used for.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I disagree with the idea. As my above collegue suggested, use flags instead.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Brutus969 wrote:This is what flags can be used for.
True! It could be nice though when placing a tree stand if it automatically placed a colored ribbon around the lower trunk to mark the tree instead of having to use a separate item to mark it. I agree it can often be hard to locate tree stands even with the hunter mate map.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

Maybe they could make it so you could highlight all placeable equipment similar to what they did with the E-caller. I mean sometimes I have trouble even finding my tent if it's too well matched to its background.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”