Atrox246

Re: A more customizable trophy lodge

Post by Atrox246 »

I would love to see something similar to Saseka from COTW
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

jttoo wrote:I have been contemplating how EW could get more cash out of me...

I am drawn to playing Classic because you can buy everything in the game using in-game money, which you can earn yourself. Thus I feel that the items I 'earn' have a bit more value to me, versus simply buying the items. This is one of the reasons I stopped playing COTW, since once I had purchased enough DLC to get the items I wanted, there seemed to be less incentive to play. When I started here in Classic I ended up purchasing 4000 EM's to get weapons, tents, and a starter kits for magpie grinding. But now that I have the basics I intend to 'earn' the items from here on.

So, how does EW get more cash from me if I don't want to buy items. Well, one of the things I have thought of is an EM-only purchased access to 'Hunter Isle', a new reserve where you can build your own lodge. The EM purchased access pass gets you 1-3 months access to Hunter Isle, which can be your in-game home. Perhaps it starts out with claiming or purchasing a lot somewhere on the island, where you can pitch a tent, and start work on your residence. Building your own lodge would be an incredible in-game money sink, and perhaps this island in only accessible in a multiplayer environment, where the island is hosted by EW, and people can 'compete' with building out an elaborate residence.

Anyways, I hope the Dev's read these forums, and consider our suggestions.
Now that’s some vision!

I agree with most suggestions in this thread. I’m with Hoo and all for a musium sized lodge. It doesn’t need to be that big necessarily but I want it to be like a Mansion with plenty of space and customization.

If I want wall just to showcase 20+ deer trophies or whatever animal I want to have that ability. If I want a room full of cats....floor space for many full body trophy displays.....a bird room...you get the point.

When I saw lodge in COTW, my first feeling was that is how classic lodges should have always been. The current ones are beautiful, but wayyyyy tooooo small. They’re like the “sample size” of what the real thing should be. I’ve always felt that way. If we should pay for lodges we should get the full deal. I’ve always felt that we were short-changed and ripped off by the small size of the trophy lodges in hunter classic. Then seeing that they gave COTW the real lodge was like adding insult to injury for me.

I’m not drawn to COTW for a number of reasons that have nothing to do with the graphics. I get the impression that game was meant to satisfy “gamers” as opposed to “hunters”. For hunting games I don’t want anything other than hunter classic. Or it would have to match classic and do it better than classic. But I’ve digressed.

There are not many complaints I have about hunter classic I have, at least worth complaining about. But the small lodges have always been the one part of the game I feel we got ripped off. I feel we deserve lodges that are full size to fit the animals in the game. Instead we basically got a beautiful closet in three styles. As it is, I don’t like the classy lodge at all. It needs redesign or something. It feels boring and suffocating to me. I love the rustic lodge and the jungle one aside from the size issue.

Great suggestion here!

Let me place my hunters cabin/ rustic mansion/ musium on top of a mountain in Whiterime Ridge, in a forest in WRR or one of a number of ‘plots’ on the many reserves! That would be nice!
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

back when the lodges were new to game there was a sugestion that as u wanted you bought an add on as the lodges have other doors in them which could lead out to the next room
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Further on the subject that we want bigger and more customizable trophy lodges, it would be nice to have a section for large trophy display cases, the kind of trophies we only see in the trophy tab page of our hunter profile. In these cases you’d have a grid of many slots to showcase gold silver and bronze and other trophies.

It would also be nice to have places in the lodge to display special photos from our gallery.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

It has been on my mind again lately, as it has for a long time that trophy lodges need improving, and I have some more thoughts about this. In addition to making them larger, I'd like to see some of the features that are currently only accessed through our hunter profile on the website also be integrated with the trophy lodge.

Even though trophy lodges in this game are a MUST HAVE for me, I've noticed that I tend not to visit my lodge very often and that is unfortunate. I want there to be more reasons for me to visit my trophy lodge more. I also feel like there is a lot of room to be desired in terms of the immersive aspect here. Improving the lodges could improve the immersion for this game. I always wanted to feel like I can progress in this game like it has some kind of story or career progress. I've played other games that really do this well. I used to enjoy playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for PC, and what I liked about that game is how you progress from amature to pro. In the beginning, you'd be playing matches with friends. Later you'd be playing games with spectators on the sidelines as a pro golfer. Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges here but I don't feel like this game has a kind of progression that really captures a mood for me. The hunter score, for example, is just numbers.

I've been contemplating from time to time what could give this game more immersion in it's own way. Like I said, I think a lot of it is that the trophy lodge isn't what it could be. It needs an overhaul. Here are some suggestions:

-Bigger (everything previously suggested in this thread)
-Interface with other features on the website including:
-Display of Comp Trophies Won
-Display collectibles gathered in display cases
-Misc. features that give a general sense of advancement and accomplishment as a hunter (building a mood)
-places for displaying special photos from hunter gallery

Finally, I did want to share a quote from the Q&A blog where the developer spoke about this subject:
http://news.thehunter.com/ama-with-theh ... e-answers/

Q: Will the trophy lodges ever get an update. Possibly bigger, new design, etc?
A: It’s in the plans, but only as an idea at the moment. We know we should do it at some point.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Another vote for a larger lodge. I'm new to Classic and it didn't take me long to fill it up with elk.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

OldMtnMan wrote:Another vote for a larger lodge. I'm new to Classic and it didn't take me long to fill it up with elk.
Exactly Pete! :lol: :lol: :lol:
skraldrog

Post by skraldrog »

At the very least, I'd be really happy to see more mount type interchangeability similar to COTW's. Like:

Large Plaque
  • Shoulder mount: Large deer, bovids
  • Half mount: Bear, a la COTW
  • Full body mount(in flight): Turkey
Small Plaque
  • Shoulder mount: Small deer, goats and ibex, sheep, pigs, bear, felines, canines, werewolf
  • Full body mount(in flight): Pheasant, Geese, Turkey(if they're too small for the large)
  • Turkey Fan Mounts
Small Round Platform
  • Full body mount: Ducks, ptarmigans, rabbits
Medium Platform
  • Full body mount: Canines, felines, goats and ibex
Large Platform
  • Full body mount: Bears, kangaroo, werewolf, large deer excluding moose(rearing poses)
Large Round Platform
  • Full body mount: Turkey, pheasant, geese
Full Body Platform
  • Full body mount: All deer, bovids, bears, pigs
Bird Plaque
  • Full body mount: Ducks, ptarmigans
Fixes a lot of the issues with lack of space and makes lodges more customizable for the low price of making or reusing some animal poses and/or coding them to work for different plaque types. Makes me wish the "place animals anywhere" glitch worked in Classic!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The ones in COTW are pretty nice. Maybe a bit big but better than too small.

I'd like to devote one room to grizzlies that charged me and it didn't work out well for them. The caplock stops them pretty good at 10ft away. Then I could make full body mounts standing on their hind legs and kick them in the nuts everytime I walk by them. Just to remind them they failed.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

What I wouldn't give to be able to place the trophy lodge up in the mountains by itself like a cabin I was living in. Let us spawn to the inside of it and have a button press to let me sit in front of the fire place.

If not the trophy lodge how about a cabin that looks like we could be living in it? Maybe some smoke from the chimney and be able to go inside and sit down. It would complete a mountain man living in the mountains and hunting to survive.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”