Bigger Boxes of Ammo

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Extort713
Tracker

Bigger Boxes of Ammo

Post by Extort713 »

Figured since I keep hearing about people saying they are worried about "insert ammo problem", I'd throw this up. Sell boxes of ammo that include more ammunition per box, the box would weight more as well, and cost more. An example would be a box of 100 shotgun shells, 1000 .22 LR. Stores sell quantities of ammo that big IRL, why not on here. It would also make buying more ammo less tedious.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Bigger Boxes of Ammo

Post by DYEUZ »

So, if i follow your suggestion :
I would need to carry a box of 100 birdshot shells that would have a capacity cost of at least = 3
1 shotgun = 3.5 ( pump action .12 GA )
1 scope = 0.5 ( red dot )

For a total capacity cost , just for these 3 items of = 7

That box would cost approx : 230@250gm$ / 15@20em$

While using your shells to half lets say , the capacity cost will still be 3 . You have only 10-20 shells left , still capacity cost of 3 .
The actual capacity cost for 30 shells right now is only 0.85 . Big difference in the backpack it makes imo .

If they leave the 30 shells boxes still available and add these big boxes your talking about , for players interested , i wouldn't care , cause i wouldn't buy them .
If they replace them , then i don't like the idea .

Let's say we look at 30R rifle ammo , just for fun .
- box of 100 30R ammo = 5.5 capacity cost at least
- Rifle = 4
- Scope ( random one ) 0.5

for a total of 10 capacity cost , just for these 3 items and again , you use bullets , the weight stays the same .
Where right now , you can bring 2 boxes for 1.1 capacity cost = 20 bullets , which imo , is enough for a hunt .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: Bigger Boxes of Ammo

Post by HD_Artworks »

I have no problem with ammo.
When the game starts and you go to your inventory to choose your gear to start hunting, you'll notice that you have enough ammo or not. And if you were out of ammo, you can just alt+tab and go to the store and purchase the ammo you need.
Then you just have to switch back to the game and close and open inventory one more time to reload your inventory and your ammo is there...!

But I'd like to see a text box in the ammo description to select how much ammo you need to buy. And of course, with real time weight in the backpack...!
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”