Volume control options?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Volume control options?

Post by HooCairs »

VonStratos wrote:Note: this changes are made in windows so they affect every game, program, video, etc, not just for The Hunter. ;)
There would be an easy solution for this. Make two batch files. The first enables loudness equalization in the registry (found in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render]) and starts the launcher. The second turns loudness equalization off again.

First find out which registry key it is (in this case {28399...}):

The loudness effect is then set under FXProperties:

Picture source: https://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio ... ation.html
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Thanks Hoocairs, I didn't knew about that, does this mean that we can have 2 saved configurations, and once we start The Hunter it will pick the one with Loudness equalization automatically? or do we still need to switch between bot saved configurations manually? i read the link from the pictures, i understand the idea of make 2 separates configurations, but i didn't see exactly how it make easier to handle, also, get in the registry may seen daunting to people not used to modify files in their pc.

I saw in than forum link someone posted a little program to quick toggle loudness equalization, i think is really useful for people who want use that only while playing The Hunter, i have it always on so i didn't tried, but may be useful for other people. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

VonStratos wrote:Thanks Hoocairs, I didn't knew about that, does this mean that we can have 2 saved configurations, and once we start The Hunter it will pick the one with Loudness equalization automatically? or do we still need to switch between bot saved configurations manually? i read the link from the pictures, i understand the idea of make 2 separates configurations, but i didn't see exactly how it make easier to handle, also, get in the registry may seen daunting to people not used to modify files in their pc.

I saw in than forum link someone posted a little program to quick toggle loudness equalization, i think is really useful for people who want use that only while playing The Hunter, i have it always on so i didn't tried, but may be useful for other people. ;)
All it takes is to double click an icon. It will run the cmd for you and its done. To switch back, double click the other file.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Andhii wrote:
VonStratos wrote:Thanks Hoocairs, I didn't knew about that, does this mean that we can have 2 saved configurations, and once we start The Hunter it will pick the one with Loudness equalization automatically? or do we still need to switch between bot saved configurations manually? i read the link from the pictures, i understand the idea of make 2 separates configurations, but i didn't see exactly how it make easier to handle, also, get in the registry may seen daunting to people not used to modify files in their pc.

All it takes is to double click an icon. It will run the cmd for you and its done. To switch back, double click the other file.
Well that makes all much easier, still not a solution to the sounds of TheHunter, but is some help in the matter. :)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”