Volume control options?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
BearJohnson
Hunter

Volume control options?

Post by BearJohnson »

I have the volume kinda high (because I am old and half deaf!) so I can hear footsteps or calls...
I wish there was a volume control option for the callers...
That pig squealer wakes up my family at night.

and NO...
I do not/will not use head phones...
In my neighborhood I need to hear what is going on outside my house.
unfortunately.
Last edited by BearJohnson on March 19th, 2019, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Volume control options?

Post by Tod1d »

I reach over & turn down the volume when I call or shoot. Unless my grand-daughter is watching, she likes to get scared by the gunshot.

I think sound in this game is the red-headed step child. I think I remember them saying they didn't have a sound engineer on staff, and had to borrow one from Avalanche.
A lot of the sounds could use some love.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I agree that some sounds are way too loud . I play with the volume also . One would think that it wouldn't be a big thing to tweak the sound a bit on some stuff .

One example :
While competing in Brian's latest and still ongoing comp, going to my Bear barrel in the morning , i could hear the Bears walking like they were right next to me but , they were about 50m away still . Many many sound like that are exaggerated and overdone imo .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

we need a like button.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

I have the same problem. I got in the habit of muting the sound when making loud calls. This works pretty good most of time. I'm and old Geigzer too and occasionally goof up. Once was hunting red deer over and hour and finally figured out why they wouldn't respond to my calls. I was using a moose caller and didn't notice. :oops:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

There is a little trick, it may not be the solution but it can make less painful the difference between sounds in game, is on windows(W7) but in W10 must be similar:

-Right click your icon for sound levels in windows(usually in the right side in the task bar) and select "Playback devices".
-There click in your speakers or the device with the green check mark that you use for sound. Usually its "Speakers" even if you use headphones instead speakers, and select "properties".
-Now select the tab "enhancements" and mark as activated the "Loudness equalization" option, the others are not important but you can activate them if you like it.
That is, and what it does? it balance all the sound in game, by example normally walking sound low and gunshots very loud, once that option is activated gunshot and other loud sound are lower, but low sound get a little louder, it make all more middle term. You can make this changes in game(just minimize the game) and check what way fit more your play style or make you feel more comfortable. The difference can be obvious when you step in the shore in game, the waves make a loud sound that dont let hear anything else, but with the option activated(or deactivated i forgot which one) the waves make a normal low sound, like in the reality.

Bonus: For people who has some deafness level in one ear more than in the other, do the steps above but go to the tab "levels" and click on "balance", there you can adjust the sound level independent for left and right speakers or Headphones, i hear a little less with my left ear so i have the sound for left side higher.

Note: this changes are made in windows so they affect every game, program, video, etc, not just for The Hunter. ;)

-

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Von ... Great tip here . I was almost going to try this , but when i saw your last phrase , it popped my bubble .
Definitely don't want to have all my other games affected by that change .

You mentioned another fail in the game with sounds . The sound of waves we hear on the shores is overdone , exaggerated . If you pay attention and look closely , the ocean barely moves and still , we hear sound of 1-2 foot waves !! :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

:arrow: + Volume control option ;)
but i don´t belive they here/help us ... after 10 Years time to change this :oops:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DYEUZ wrote:i could hear the Bears walking like they were right next to me but , they were about 50m away still .
My ears are even better than yours - I can hear the steps of bighorn sheep from 100 meters! 8-)
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yes Dyeuz, this affect all sounds in windows, imho it sound better, but everyone should decide, and the waves, man that waves sound was what made me change this setup, in WH in the area where both large islands get connected by a land bridge there is an small spot with trees, i like that place to lure animals an watch, but the sound of the sea was so strong than the only way i had to detect audio clues was keep the HM in hand an watch the indicator light.

I remember this audio problems about how loud some sound are was discussed years ago because the rain was or is too loud too, but i dont remember the answer of EW, what i remember however was something they said about making some specifics sounds(like rain) less loud was not possible or very difficult, weird i know, but if were simple maybe it would have been done years ago.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”