Only paying members should have a Hunter Score

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Only paying members should have a Hunter Score

Post by Tod1d »

Tenbulls wrote:I was not talking about gil38. I am talking about a player that has not hunted since last July, and all of the sudden they come out of nowhere and pass me. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?
Probably had a bunch of animals & weapons sitting just below 1000, and didn't take long to max them out??? Or just came back and grinded it out for while.

HS is what it is. Recognition for time & money spent. Pretty much the same as the achievements. I don't even know what mine is, I'd have to go look. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I admit I do keep an eye on my HS, my aim was to get into the top 500 and that I am, around place 450 at the moment. Is it important no.... my aim at the moment is to get 250 of every animal... WT ptarmigans, Rusa, Sambar, Banteng, WBuff and the 2 cats left.... it sounds easy but it is a grind on the cats....but I will achive my aim and with that the HS will follow. I am bobcatting in RB and maybe I can find a Silver....... :?
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

It means nothing. It has no effect on anything. It's a personal tally, not a competition. And players can make MP games with a minimum HunterScore but still allow -guests,- meaning this would prevent guests regardless. Meaning players who are long-time hunters couldn't join a guest-allowed but HS-limited game without an active sub. I definitely do not support this.
Ceres

Post by Ceres »

Tenbulls wrote:I was not talking about gil38. I am talking about a player that has not hunted since last July
Anyone can check his history and see that he didn't play since last July and when he started playing again on January 18 he shot enough animals to pass you in the ranking while you were slowing down and 7 days later you started this thread and you're telling me that all of this happens to be a coincidence?
Rugged_Randy
Tracker

Post by Rugged_Randy »

It would give some use for Hunter Score, if you would get small prizes for every 500 or maybe 1000 points. Some consumables or something, just so that there would be a little reward for being active.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Rugged_Randy wrote:It would give some use for Hunter Score, if you would get small prizes for every 500 or maybe 1000 points. Some consumables or something, just so that there would be a little reward for being active.
it does, or used do that, but only at low scores, you used to unlock the small packs and pistol holster for free with HS, but the last unlock was at 600HS so after that is was pretty irrelevant, i dont know if you still unlock those items like that nowadays. Maybe if there were some new prizes every 5k or 10k it could be more worthy to aim at hunter score, like at 5k one camping pack, at 15k another camping pack+med pack, and so, weapons are out of the equation, but small consumables are a common prize in competition so...why not.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ceres

Post by Ceres »

VonStratos wrote:i dont know if you still unlock those items like that nowadays.
They still unlock:

Hunter score   300: Small Equipment Pouch 4
Hunter score   900: Small Equipment Pouch 5
Hunter score 1800: Small Equipment Pouch 6
Hunter score 3000: Small Weapon Holster
Rugged_Randy wrote:It would give some use for Hunter Score, if you would get small prizes for every 500 or maybe 1000 points. Some consumables or something, just so that there would be a little reward for being active.
People with a high hunter score often have 500+ kills for different species, which means that they're allowed to play many elite competitions, which have a payout of 125 em$ for the winner, while intermediate gold is worth 75 em$ and starters gold only gives you the trophy.
Last edited by Ceres on January 28th, 2019, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ah but now the scores are different than what i remember, i think that was changed when the HS changed, i may be in a mistake, but when unlocked the holster needed less than 1000hs, i think was 600 or so, but was years ago.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Ceres wrote:
VonStratos wrote:i dont know if you still unlock those items like that nowadays.
They still unlock:

Hunter score   300: Small Equipment Pouch 4
Hunter score   900: Small Equipment Pouch 5
Hunter score 1800: Small Equipment Pouch 6
Hunter score 3000: Small Weapon Holster
People with a high hunter score often have 500+ kills for different species, which means that they're allowed to play many elite competitions, which have a payout of 125 em$ for the winner, while intermediate gold is worth 75 em$ and starters gold only gives you the trophy.
The amount you would need go get those items was quite a bit on the old hunterscore system. When they changed it , it was easy to get and they didn't change the amount of score you would need to get those items.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

As with any competition in life, if somebody is beating you, the sensible thing to do is to work harder & find ways to get ahead...not find ways to change the rules.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”