Trophy Shoot !!!

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
elchelopapo

Trophy Shoot !!!

Post by elchelopapo »

Hello
I suggest you change the method of taking a trophy photo
the mechanism of moving the animal to prepare it for the photo is not at all orthodox or easy for the new characters and the old ones as well.
keeping in mind that this game is full of older people, which makes it much more difficult for them to learn to use the torino photo tool
It would be much better if the animal did not fall every time you take it and release it with the mouse.

It seems to me that this affects a lot of people.

Another thing that could be added is a knife to kill animals with serious injuries that are about to die, to avoid making noise, save ammunition, and make the animal stop suffering. (they could earn some extra money) since people would have to buy the knife or varieties of this item could be sold
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: Trophy Shoot !!!

Post by curlyCoyote »

I agree, taking a trophy shot is really annoying when the animals keep falling and for example its very annoying how grabbing certain parts of an animal will make it glitch out or go crazy like for example grabbing a pheasant by its legs.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Agree!! very orthodox, the most anoying is the grasping of leg when you try to grasp an antler, or when fall first time so then it's more difficult position the animal and start to spin like crazy
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree and it has been suggested a number of times already: let us switch between the "stiff" ragdoll and the "gravity" mode (whatever you would call it when the animal falls back to the floor) manually and don't tie it to the two different camera modes. Would be a big life improvement change!
Image Image Image
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Actually the trophy shot was updated around the time trophy poses were implemented, before it was even harder to get the ragdoll right for a good shot, so since already was "revised" is unlikely another upgrade, but i agree it should have better options to handle the animals pose, there are some species(turkey by example) that are a pia to get right for a picture, most of time seems like and black ball with a red tentacle instead a neck, at least for me.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Hunt_Training
Tracker

Post by Hunt_Training »

I agree with the suggestion, and what was already observed above can sometime be even more difficult considering nearby obstacles (which can prevent the camera be placed at the desired angle) and the slope of the terrain (which causes unwanted discontinuities in the zoom scale); so it would be really useful if the gravity could be "suspended" someway during trophy shoot.

I'm instead not sure about the suggestion of introducing knives: at least for me, the number of times they could be used can be counted on one hand's fingers, so it would probably not be a useful item to buy (neither a cost-effective one for EW to develop/code, unless maybe for the pure collectors or weapons).
My summary stats (current Hunting Season):
Spoiler:

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

The trophy shot enhancement would be nice.

Not a big fan of the knife idea. Like mentioned, it wouldn't be used very often. Second, I've heard of very few people who ever finished an animal with a knife, and every one of them said they would never do it again. It just seems to make a mess and can be potentially dangerous.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

My vote for a knife. I wish I had one each time I was in 'one shot - one kill' UHC competition and stayed over a wounded deer waiting for it to die finally.

ps: the fact that it is potentially dangerous could be implemented in the game easily. An animal has a chance to harm you when you do that, and this chance depends on animal specie, CSS, your position relatively to the animal and the skill of course. Saying, even a hare has 50% chance to send you to a lodge when you have zero knife skill, and those with skill 20 can use it against polar bear safely unless they come too close to bear's teeth...

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

_dfad_ wrote:My vote for a knife. I wish I had one each time I was in 'one shot - one kill' UHC competition and stayed over a wounded deer waiting for it to die finally.
ps: the fact that it is potentially dangerous could be implemented in the game easily. An animal has a chance to harm you when you do that, and this chance depends on animal specie, CSS, your position relatively to the animal and the skill of course. Saying, even a hare has 50% chance to send you to a lodge when you have zero knife skill, and those with skill 20 can use it against polar bear safely unless they come too close to bear's teeth...
Finishing an animal off with a knife, scoring-wise, would be the same thing as killing it with a 2nd shot.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:The trophy shot enhancement would be nice.
Not a big fan of the knife idea. Like mentioned, it wouldn't be used very often. Second, I've heard of very few people who ever finished an animal with a knife, and every one of them said they would never do it again. It just seems to make a mess and can be potentially dangerous.
Here where I'm at, it's illegal to finish off an animal with anything other than the same weapon you were hunting it with in the first place. Just like you, InstinctiveArcher, I don't think bringing knives into the game for that purpose is a good idea at all either.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”