Scent indicator

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Gravenslund
Tracker

Scent indicator

Post by Gravenslund »

Hey all hunters.
Sometimes i wisht hat there was and indicator for scent time left somewere..
Not only when i am forced to take out my scent spray to see the time, but i cant even smell it on my self. :-)
I have to take that damn thing out everytime. And if i dont have anymore in inventory i cant see when i have to back to get som emore or something else.

Cant the scent indicator come in another digital way. Like integrate it into the huntermate, or put a little icon in the bottom screen area with prone and run?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Scent indicator

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Try looking at your watch or a clock when you use it. Thirty minutes real time or one hour game time.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Gravenslund wrote:Hey all hunters.
Sometimes i wisht hat there was and indicator for scent time left somewere..
Not only when i am forced to take out my scent spray to see the time, but i cant even smell it on my self. :-)
I have to take that damn thing out everytime. And if i dont have anymore in inventory i cant see when i have to back to get som emore or something else.

Cant the scent indicator come in another digital way. Like integrate it into the huntermate, or put a little icon in the bottom screen area with prone and run?
Simple fix, don't use Scent Eliminator. ;)
Waste of gm$/em$ when you can get close enough to animals without it.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

What is Scent Indicator? ;)

If you mean Scent Eliminator: Whenever you hold the bottle in your hand, you will see the time left in the lower right corner.

If you mean Scent Spray: All sprays have a duration of 10 real minutes or 20 minutes game time. There is nothing showing you the time left. You can however make your own time stamps. When using the scent, hit Enter and type SCENT, then hit Enter again. This will store your note in the chat log. Now, when ever you hit Enter to start the chat, you will see the time at which you used the scent.

Deluxe version :D : Watch the real clock when you use the scent (e.g. 22:30), add 10 minutes (e.g. 22:40), and instead of typing SCENT in the chat, type 22:40.

By the way, TreeKiwi is looking for you to contact him. You have WON a rifle! :)
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 93#p962535
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

Waow... Did i just won?? THX FOR THE NOTES Hoo
I surppose i have to write to Treewiki...

Just a quick note.. Is it the normal Scout?? or is it the "elite" Scout we will get as reward?
Last edited by Gravenslund on December 6th, 2018, 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

Can i use the chat when i am playing single player?? or is it just for multiplyer only?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

No .The chat is for multi games . Chatting with the players in that game .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

How much does that scent help you, because some say dont use it and other say do.
Gotta ask the experts on this.. Hoocairs and other good hunters..

How much will it help you in hunt, and how well will it go when not using it or even use it
I use no camo at all, and i am hunting wildboars!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Gravenslund wrote:How much does that scent help you, because some say dont use it and other say do.
Gotta ask the experts on this.. Hoocairs and other good hunters..

How much will it help you in hunt, and how well will it go when not using it or even use it
I use no camo at all, and i am hunting wildboars!
I'm not sure if I'm considered a "good hunter", but at least I've been playing the game for a while now. ;)

I think that scent eliminator makes a noticeable difference in some situations - even though I've never run any real "tests" on this, this is just my personal and subjective experience. In my opinion you never need to use it when the wind is in your face, but it's very helpful when walking in the other direction. When walking northward - which I try to avoid as much as posssible - I usually see a lot more animals with scent eliminator on. Of course it depends on a lot of factors - like wind force, species, score etc. But I've seen animals flee from 100+ meters because they smelled me.

Of course it also depends on the other camo you have. Some clothes already reduce your scent and when on a tree stand, tripod or permanent tower you don't need any scent eliminator either.
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

HooCairs wrote: Deluxe version Pro Tip :D : Watch the real clock when you use the scent (e.g. 22:30), add 10 minutes (e.g. 22:40), and instead of typing SCENT in the chat, type 22:40.
I rarely use the scent eliminator either. I do when bow hunting if I am stalking a true trophy though. Looking for every edge I can get. 8-)

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”