Scent indicator

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Gravenslund
Tracker

Re: Scent indicator

Post by Gravenslund »

When i look at the blinds you can get, the green one will give you none scent protection at all.. But all other blinds will
The scent eliminator reduces the players smell, and it works for all animals except birds.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Gravenslund wrote:When i look at the blinds you can get, the green one will give you none scent protection at all.. But all other blinds will
The scent eliminator reduces the players smell, and it works for all animals except birds.
To my knowledge, birds in game doesn't have the smell sense, so no need for scent eliminator for them. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Gravenslund wrote:When i look at the blinds you can get, the green one will give you none scent protection at all.. But all other blinds will
All blinds give "some" scent reduction, even the basic green ones. But that's less than tree stands and tripods offer, so I'd try to be safe if a trophy deer was approaching - even more so if it's a group.

Where I really feel that the scent eliminator makes a difference is when using constructible towers at my bear barrels. Bears have a pretty good sense of smell and those mobile towers don't offer any scent reduction at all. So if I'm sitting there, waiting for the big boy to arrive, I use some scent eliminator. But honestly I was always pretty lavish with this stuff since it can be bought with gm$ and I have a lot of those... :)
Image Image Image
Gravenslund
Tracker

Post by Gravenslund »

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Ground_Blind

You can read here that the green one is not that good

Tripod stands = Provides good visual camo and very good scent reduction.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Tripod_Stand

So the tripod stands are better then the blinds ?
Last edited by Tod1d on December 6th, 2018, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double / Triple post. :|
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Gravenslund wrote:Can i use the chat when i am playing single player?? or is it just for multiplyer only?
You can use it, but only for chatting with yourself. :)
Gravenslund wrote:So the tripod stands are better then the blinds ?
I think yes. The ground blinds are awkward to look out of. You have a limited field of view. You cannot look up a hill unless you crouch and move away from the wall.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Gravenslund wrote:https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Ground_Blind

You can read here that the green one is not that good
It seems that the store does say different than the wiki. In the store, it clearly shows "some" scent reduction for the basic blinds.
Image Image Image
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Gravenslund wrote:Can i use the chat when i am playing single player?? or is it just for multiplyer only?
DYEUZ wrote:No .The chat is for multi games . Chatting with the players in that game .
You can still use "Chat" in SP games. You will be talking to yourself, but you can still activate the field where you can type in the time as HooCairs suggests.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:No .The chat is for multi games . Chatting with the players in that game .
You can still use "Chat" in SP games. You will be talking to yourself, but you can still activate the field where you can type in the time as HooCairs suggests.
But Doc is listening all, or reading all in this case ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”