Serious Problem with Lodges!

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Serious Problem with Lodges!

Post by fantamichele »

SoftShoe wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Krottinger's photo lit the web some time ago :D
Yes, still the most impressive trophy room I have ever seen. There are allot of great ones out there but that one speaks to me the most.
Did you notice that there is also a wife among the trophies? :lol:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

fantamichele wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:
fantamichele wrote:Krottinger's photo lit the web some time ago :D
Yes, still the most impressive trophy room I have ever seen. There are allot of great ones out there but that one speaks to me the most.
Did you notice that there is also a wife among the trophies? :lol:
You got to have the trophy wife to decorate the trophy room :lol:

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I have 5 lodges filled with all sorts of the good, the bad and the ugly....I find them quite fun to roam around and remember good hunts in. Balsam for the soul :)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Here is a picture of my spread sheet showing the distribution available in each type of lodge. Note, the 'used' section is zero because I have removed all species from every lodge. Trying to find something that works. The best idea is to let me BUY (hear that, EW?, you will still make money) additional rooms with plaques or stands that I select. Or create a lodge that is able to be completely customized by the owner (at cost of course). Right now, there are just too many species that go on the same platform/plaque, and not enough of them in any lodge. I'm with those who could give a rat's a** about bird and fowl displays.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Sulfurblade wrote:I have already filled up my lodge with deer???

And for some reason I can't put a small Plaque where a Large plaque would go???
Why do I have to have Elk or Moose in my lodge??? I don't hunt those things I hunt deer!!!

Why do I have these bear pedestals I don't want to mount a bear!
Why do I have pedestals for birds and small game??? I don't want to mount those either!!!

Why do I have all this empty space but yet my lodge is already full.... This needs to be fixed
And didn't you know that these lodges aren't customizable as far as everything and anywhere you would like to put stuff in your lodge when you got one?
Well they don't change much if you end up buying 3, 4, 5, or however many more lodges.
An add on fully customizable extra room to any lodge where the player could place what trophies wherever on what wall & floor mounts would make a lot of happy customers.
EW why aren't you listening to us???
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

gas56 wrote:
Sulfurblade wrote:I have already filled up my lodge with deer???

And for some reason I can't put a small Plaque where a Large plaque would go???
Why do I have to have Elk or Moose in my lodge??? I don't hunt those things I hunt deer!!!

Why do I have these bear pedestals I don't want to mount a bear!
Why do I have pedestals for birds and small game??? I don't want to mount those either!!!

Why do I have all this empty space but yet my lodge is already full.... This needs to be fixed
And didn't you know that these lodges aren't customizable as far as everything and anywhere you would like to put stuff in your lodge when you got one?
Well they don't change much if you end up buying 3, 4, 5, or however many more lodges.
An add on fully customizable extra room to any lodge where the player could place what trophies wherever on what wall & floor mounts would make a lot of happy customers.
EW why aren't you listening to us???
Here is a simple solution for customizable lodges.
Think of a rectangle that is fully filled with cubes and these specific cubes all carry the exact dimension squared from wall to wall ceiling to floor within this rectangle.
A Trophy Model would be whatever squared box that the mount is in and would take up the space of coordinates in part of it's box wherever it would be placed leaving the other
open squared spaces not taken up in the trophy room (Rectangle) to put wherever the next mount you wanted to place. Literally anywhere there is enough space in the room.
There could be a walkway in the center of the room or a calculated adjustment of space for viewing/walking purposes on the floor.
Each model would just need a squared box filled in for size to make this work as I'm pretty sure they don't have this set-up just yet.
I'm sure they can figure it out now.......... ;)
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

If the idea of EW is to monetize the lodges, and is a valid idea after all is a business, another way to do it could have been this:

-Sell empty lodges, just the cabin with a limit of plaques you can place.
-Sell the different plaques just like the Gun racks, and let the players fill the lodges with whatever animals want.

Once the player run out of space to put more plaques will have to buy another lodge and repeat the process, maybe not as money making or maybe better, but every one could have the lodge they want.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

VonStratos wrote:If the idea of EW is to monetize the lodges, and is a valid idea after all is a business, another way to do it could have been this:

-Sell empty lodges, just the cabin with a limit of plaques you can place.
-Sell the different plaques just like the Gun racks, and let the players fill the lodges with whatever animals want.

Once the player run out of space to put more plaques will have to buy another lodge and repeat the process, maybe not as money making or maybe better, but every one could have the lodge they want.
Why would you just want a limit of plaques to place when you could fill every open space with mounts whatever base they are on
and wherever you want? My suggestion would be like shuffling your living room furniture around and all the wall decorations also until you are pleased the way you have set it up.
They don't need a set amount of plaques in set places,. that is what they practically have now. That is what I have showed them how to do it in the above diagram.
They would have to make each cube coordinate and have it match to the size of the squared mount as you moved it along the wall, or floor. you could even put it on the ceiling
if you so desired.......... :lol:
Now if EW looks at this they may understand what I meant in how simple it would be to do this.
Last edited by gas56 on November 9th, 2018, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Oh by plaques i mean all kind of bases, form Small for ducks to large ones for WB, but i didn't say in fixed places, you can place them where you want like you pointed in the diagram, that's part of the charm of this kind of arrangement, still i think would have some troubles with collision models like antlers getting entangled between bucks if they are too close...but hey that could make for another feature, mount the animals in a way they look like they are fighting, more artistic freedom even.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

VonStratos wrote:Oh by plaques i mean all kind of bases, form Small for ducks to large ones for WB, but i didn't say in fixed places, you can place them where you want like you pointed in the diagram, that's part of the charm of this kind of arrangement, still i think would have some troubles with collision models like antlers getting entangled between bucks if they are too close...but hey that could make for another feature, mount the animals in a way they look like they are fighting, more artistic freedom even.
Oh....O.K.
The antlers would be part of the box so they could not take up any other cube that wasn't part of the whole box itself.
There is a way to have close tolerance collision on the shape of the animal mount. This would definitely use every bit of space shapes to be able to set up a lot of mounts.
They take up more memory to add though, but the player would have more freedom of styling the room with trophy mounts such as facing them towards each other in fighting positions.
We are probably asking for more than what they will do if anything else with the trophy lodges.............. :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on November 9th, 2018, 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”