My thoughts/ideas

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Nedbella
Spotter

My thoughts/ideas

Post by Nedbella »

I love Hunter Classic. Here are some things I'd love to see bought into the game.

1: More than 8 tents per reserve. 12 would be good I think.

2: A working compass like COTW.

3: Tracking animations like in COTW. I lose far too many animal tracks in the long grass, especially on Timbergold.

4: Being able to purchase more deployable hunting towers ( for those with a 12 month license ). Plus, make the deployable towers like the original ones ( like tower 6 on Loggers Point for example ). They are more open and we can see much clearer. The deployable ones are too confining and the frame work gets in the way of having a more open view. I feel quite claustrophobic in them. I've spoken to other players and they feel the same.

Have an Avatar menu with categories ( hair/beard/moustache/eye colour/face shape etc ) so we can make our character look more like ourselves. Also, the female players are missing out heaps as there are many male facial choices that are in the game ( limited, but they are there ), but there is NOTHING for women apart from the female Avatar ( can't remember her name ). Having limited edition hairstyles or more feminine clothing would be amazing. I know it won't make any difference to gameplay, but lets be honest, we all like to tinker with our character and make him/her look the best we can. It would be so great if we could make our character look like we do. It would be more immersive and just fun in general.

Trophy Shots
Is it possible to have a point and click system for taking trophy shots. For example. Click the animal and lift it into the air and it stays there. Click on a limb or the head, drag it to a position and it stays there. Continue until you get the desired pose of the animal. The move the character to position and take the photo.
We would all love the take amazing trophy shots to show off our rare and max weight animals. Maybe some better filters as well. It's the little extras like this that make the game so much more fun.

Trophy Lodge: More rooms.
There are doors off the main room and the upstairs ( in the rustic one ). Making it possible to enter/exit those rooms would be great. They could be special rooms for trophies of our choice. Maybe have more full body stands ( like the central one - not the ones in the corners ) there as we all know how awesome a full body trophy looks, but have more than one and can't display them all at the same time. Or maybe make it so that we choose from a list of stands that we want in there and we can place them manually ourselves. That would be fantastic. Possible make the main room of the lodge bigger.
Also, If we name our Lodges, that name shows up on the door of each lodge. Make it even more personalised. Could it be done by us standing in front of the door, right click and a box shows up that we type the lodge name into and press enter, then the name is on the door. Just a thought, not sure how you would be able to work this. As well as being able to change the style of floor rug and furniture.

Is there such a thing as a circular tree stand. One that goes all the way around the trunk so that way we can walk around and see in all directions. Imagine one with a camo net on it..... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME and very popular I think.

I think that's all. Thank you for the amazing game. I love both Classic and COTW. I play them multiple times daily. It's an amazing and welcoming community that I am proud and honoured to be a part of. :D

Eat Healthy, Don't Smoke, Go to The Gym.......DIE ANYWAY!! :lol:
BearJohnson
Hunter

Re: My thoughts/ideas

Post by BearJohnson »

Nedbella wrote:I love Hunter Classic. Here are some things I'd love to see bought into the game.
"bought" being the key word.
LOL
Nedbella wrote:3: Tracking animations like in COTW. I lose far too many animal tracks in the long grass, especially on Timbergold.
Buy a dog.
Nedbella wrote: Avatar: Lots can be done here
I just want a fat old grey haired balding bearded fella....
Nedbella wrote:Is there such a thing as a circular tree stand.
Link one from the net.
I do not think so.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

2: CoTW has a working compass? Not doubting you but I have never seen it. With the map & HM a compass is moot IMO.

4: I like the idea of being able to purchase more of the construct-able towers. I have extended my subscription twice just to get more of them. Having towers like are on LP is a different thing entirely. That type of construction is a significant investment IRL & should be as well in game. It also provides some major benefits in game. IMO if they were to allow us to purchase them & then deploy where we want they should have some significant restrictions. 1) Be very expensive. 2) Take a very long time to construct (if the current towers take 2 days (24 RW hrs) to make then those should take a week. 3) Once deployed you are not allowed to move them.

Avatars: EW is missing the boat with these IMO. Most people like to invest time & money into their virtual personas, why not take advantage of that in the game? Allowing for a great degree of personalization is nothing but a plus. It builds ownership of a sort by players which most likely would strengthen the players bonds to the game. There are many branches this could take with the community et al that would further the sense of community.

Trophy Shots: IMO EW needs to sell poses for the animals just like they have for your character. Have a dozen canned positions the animal that you can select for your trophy shots. I would be throwing money at them to be able to stop tinkering with those damnable rag dolls!

Trophy Lodges: Another area that EW could really capitalize & monetize. I am certain most of us would like to have a greater level of personalization. They could let us chose furniture, pictures on the walls (using our uploaded images), arrangement of trophies etc etc etc & they would make money at every juncture.

Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

I would like to add on the Trophy Shots part. Why not have premade trophy shot poses for the animals aswell? Would save alot time and you wouldn't have to fight the already dead animal for a decent looking result.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Yeah the avatars are all a variety of tall man or not so tall woman, its look like they are all clones created by Doc in his secret lodge, i remember the old Deer Hunter series had different avatars, now The Hunter is not a game where the avatar play a major role most of the time, but when you want to take a trophy shoot? then would be nice something that resemble the real us, and the Trophy shots, man that was soooo much a pia, now that was reworked with the hunter poses and more controll over the animal but still is far of being a simple system, if not i dare anyone to take a trophy shot of a turkey in less than a minute, you know extended wing and neck not twisted like in the Exorcist.

Animal poses, avatar customization, i have seen people pay hundreds of dollar just to dress his/her avatar in a fancy but not practical way, and Trophy lodges with more customization. None of that is a priority right now, but would be welcome additions imo.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Nedbella
Spotter

Post by Nedbella »

BearJohnson wrote:
Nedbella wrote:I love Hunter Classic. Here are some things I'd love to see bought into the game.
"bought" being the key word.
LOL
Nedbella wrote:3: Tracking animations like in COTW. I lose far too many animal tracks in the long grass, especially on Timbergold.
Buy a dog.
Nedbella wrote: Avatar: Lots can be done here
I just want a fat old grey haired balding bearded fella....
Nedbella wrote:Is there such a thing as a circular tree stand.
Link one from the net.
I do not think so.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a dog, but don't like taking it to Timbergold. Stupidly I keep thinking the Wolves or the bears will attack it. :lol: I think I'm immersing myself too deeply :roll:

Eat Healthy, Don't Smoke, Go to The Gym.......DIE ANYWAY!! :lol:
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

Nedbella wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a dog, but don't like taking it to Timbergold. Stupidly I keep thinking the Wolves or the bears will attack it. :lol: I think I'm immersing myself too deeply :roll:
I do that ALL the time.

I actually get mad at my dog for NOT barking a warning when I am about to get attacked.

I dig immersion!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”