Show us what weapons are ethical in-game

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Lenkos
Scout

Show us what weapons are ethical in-game

Post by Lenkos »

I remember asking for this years and years ago and I am surprised to come back to the game and find that it is still missing (not because I have amazing suggestions but because it's seemingly so simple to add-in).

Can we please please please get Ethical information on each weapon, from the inventory screen, for those of us who can never remember what weapons/ammo is ethical on which species? It'd only have to show this information on the particular reserve you're on at the time.

There is a lot of unused screen real-estate where the information can go.

Also, in the store, can we please get a picture / screen-shot from in-game for each of the different optics on the store page?
At the moment we have to go to the Wiki or use Google to get an idea of what the optic sight actually looks like before we buy it.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Re: Show us what weapons are ethical in-game

Post by BearJohnson »

I JUST found these pages:

Sight pictures:
http://www.nikolem.com/Sights/

Permitted weapons:
http://www.nikolem.com/thehunter/weapons/

Awesome stuff that should be on the main sight or in game for sure!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

Ethical information on each weapon in the inventory screen is a fantastic idea and I am with you 100%
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Generally speaking I remember what everything is ethical for which is amazing in & of itself. They say your memory is the 2nd thing to go but I cant remember what the 1st is.

In any case. I rarely use the Wiki for no better reason than the adds on it annoy me. Instead I would go to the store & select what rifle I was going to use & scan down its ethical list. Still, having the info pop up when you hover over the Info icon isnt a bad idea.

BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

SoftShoe... man.

I LOVE you dude.
I'm tearing up I laughed so hard...
but I don't remember why.
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

My opinions only here and nothing personal at all ...

I think it is asking a lot . You want the EW staff to work , put time on this luxury . What revenu will that bring them ? How much time do you think they'll take to do this ? Aren't other things more important to put time on ? I think so .

Also , about remembering the weapons and their species , i will say to those people , players, that can't sometimes remember , do more homework and study a bit harder . It's really not that hard to learn . I , for one , have had a paper copy of those weapons and species for all the time i've been playing .When in doubt , i look it up !

About the optics . Going on Wiki aint a big waste of time really , aint a big thing . IRL , most people go and look up at stuff they want to buy on the Web, in different stores , comparing and getting an idea . Checking out Wiki aint a big thing imo and is pretty complete and has many infos.

Like i said , nothing personal , just my opinion on the suggested ideas .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Just put this on your bookmarks menu...Alt+Tab out of the game any time you pick up a weapon and click on this and scroll to the reserve you are on. Shows ethical weapons for every reserve. Takes 5 seconds.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Just put this on your bookmarks menu...Alt+Tab out of the game any time you pick up a weapon and click on this and scroll to the reserve you are on. Shows ethical weapons for every reserve. Takes 5 seconds.

Pretty cool, didnt know this page existed. Thanks Stan, bookmarked!

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I wasn't aware of nikolem's pages either, nice find.

Looking at that page, I see the lists (either weapons per animal, or animals per weapon) are pretty big. I suppose they could be on a pop-up in-game, but making them unobtrusive would be a challenge.

One thing that helped me a lot was arranging the animals by size (pretty much by max weight), and then the weapons by relative size/power.

I created this chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true (slightly outdated, I need to add a few new weapons & animals)

but now I think of the permitted list in that way. e.g. the .17 & .22 air are good up to pheasant, the .17HV is good for Goose - Coyote, etc...

There are a few anomalies. The turkey & arctic fox along with the .22LR, .243 & .50 ball. And the Sambar is much larger than the Grizzly, but the Grizzly is tougher for permitted weapons (handguns).

I've suggested that they sort the animals in the permitted lists this way, but apparently alphabetical won out.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

I was thinking about something like this: http://thehunter.lt/test/index.html
(Not finished, maybe one day..)

In-game similar design could solve problems.
Now really annoying to go and search for information :)

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”