Just my thoughts & suggestions

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Just my thoughts & suggestions

Post by DutchHunter74 »

With this I want to share my experiences and thoughts about playing theHunter. I hope that de dev's also will take the time to read this and I hope they take advantage of it and that they will keep motivated and inspirated to keep up the good work for many, many years.
Some points in this thread will seem a little negative but dont get me wrong, this is the most fantastic game of hunting ever made and I just hope it will still getting better and better and that it will last for years.

But first, a little bit about me and my experiences with The Hunter:
I start playing the end of December 2016 and joined the forum a few months later. It took me a little more than a year to complete all missions (up to now 483) which was absolutely challenging! (except shooting the pheasant and canadian goose with a bow.. :roll: )
At this moment I have passed the 17100 Hunter points and I think that's quit good for the first 21 months.

I remember the first time that I downloaded this game via Steam (somewhere in 2015 I thought). I was walking through the woods and meadows and I had absolute no clue what to do. I had this Huntermate in my hands and now and then I heard a call but I didn't know what to do with it so I stopped playing. Years later I was looking (again) for a nice hunting game and my eye fell on theHunter again. This time I had more time to play and thanks to joining the forum (and the Wiki page) I've learned all the in and outs.
Without this forum I would not have played this game for long. When newbie's start playing this game there is so much unclear. I've learned everything thanks to this forum and his dedicated members who have taken all those hours of sharing information and video's with each other and with new members. I hope the dev's will notice this too because without this forum (members) this game is hard to understand and a lot of new players hook off while it is a beautiful game and that's a pity.

To get 17100 Hunter points, it goes without saying that I spent many, many hours in "the field" and during all these hours I've learned a lot about the reserves, the animals, the weapons, callers, hunting tactics, vegetation etc. etc.

Below is a list of details and proposals that I have been struggling with for a long time and what I believe will add new value to this game.

- the annoying rocks in TGT and VDB. Will there be a day that this will be resolved?
- the carcasses in TGT. Please let them attract grizzlies as well and please reduce the wolf polulation because they are to many of them.
- the scenthound. It cost us a lot of money and they are useless most of the time. Please fix it and give them additions to follow big game instead of the german pointer.
- that said, give the pointer instead the flushing and retrieving of small game.
- a lot of people are complaining about the ptarmigans. We have seen it during introducing the lynx in Hemmeldal that it is quite easy to disable birds in the field. Wouldn't a great idea to give the player the chance before starting a game to (dis)able this?
- the sound of the 12 GA Side By Side Shotgun Engraved sounds like a canon, anybody agree with me or am I mistaken?
- the log in of the forum issue, is there nothing possible to resolve this?
- communication with "Doc"....he send me messages and I can send him messages but he never answers....whats the purpose of this? ;)
- one last thing, I hope pheasants will get a re-skin with different color variations just as in real life and
- I hope that some day we get the possibility in this game of driven hunts! :D

I like to note that the above points are not a list of criticism to the developers but if these points would be adjusted this would benefit the game and in my opinion the developers are also obliged to do this, especially to the players who are here from the first day and have spent so much time (and money) on the forum and helping new players.
This game costs an awesome lot of money and just then it is nice to get the idea that the developers are listening to you and it is nice to see that outside the continuous addition of new weapons, animals, equipment and etc. (that yields money) that also the substantive problems are tackled, problems where they can't earn money but what does improve the game play a lot.

Have a nice weekend and happy hunting!
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Re: Just my thoughts & suggestions

Post by BCKidd »

I'd love to be able to disable the birds- all of them not jus' the ptarmigans, the dang cackling Geese too. All good points you have made here. Let's hope the Devs listen. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Just my thoughts & suggestions

Post by gas56 »

I'm pretty sure everything you mentioned here has been repeatedly posted and probably will be continued asking & proposing & stating all these things over and over again.
At least that's the way it usually is here in the forum.
No problem with that...............
Now you can join in with the rest of us with all the other things you didn't mention..........
It's a big long list................. :D

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”