Timbergold Trails Makes Me Sad

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Timbergold Trails Makes Me Sad

Post by HooCairs »

TT is simply beautiful and I really like both the lower woods and the upper mountains. And yes there are some issues with it.

The Grey Wolf chases all the time. They even switch from fleeing immediately to chasing. That makes them insanely hard to hunt. You cannot catch up with them while crouching when they are in elk country. I have said it before. Hunt them where there is no elk and you will have much better success. The initial wolf was downsized at some point together with the coyote and is overall a really well done animal. The wolf is one of the animals with the most features. I hope everyone gets to see them fight and play with each other. They just need to fix that constant chasing though.

The Carcasses are too many and I don't really know if anyone is having huge success sitting over one of these and getting a decent number of wolves. Most carcasses I find don't have wolf tracks around. The crows are a good idea for people who would like to find those carcasses. Thankfully EW turned down the volume of their sound. If they go on your nerves shoot at them even just an arrow and they are gone.

The Grizzly Bear has seen many versions. First it was too easy to hunt. Then it was changed to super spooky, then "fixed" which it wasn't. There was again a silent update changing it back to more normal and I believe in its current state it is actually better than ever. Running up to it won't work, but it is huntable again. I still hope someone at EW will agree with me one day and recognize that the bear's head is way too small compared to the rest of the body, which is also true for the other bears. I already tried my luck here.

The Bighorn Sheep is one of the hardest animals to hunt in the EHR due to a number of reasons (no calls, difficult terrain, grazy running pattern, unreachable, etc.). I showed on video how to hunt them by listening, but some recent hunts showed me that the sound has been greatly toned down and it does not really work anymore. Maybe I shoulnd't have done that video.

The White-tailed Ptarmigans are also quite hard to shoot but this might be realistic. There was an update on all ptarmigans to introduce migration, but this feature I don't really see. They walk or sit around until you show up. Never see large flocks migrate.

Halloween was just what Halloween wants to be: Horrible. I am just waiting for EW to make those creatures shootable and add taxidermy to also add ridiculous to horrible.

I used to have a honey hole for Rocky Mountai Elk in the very west with no wolves around (video). This spot has somehow been dried up completely. I believe the change came with the new render distance. There is no point in arguing about this though. The elk has been scrapped from my regular competitions list.

Overall they really put a lot of effort in this map with new features (chasing, carcasses, tunnels, toilets in the middle of the woods!) but they are always under pressure and must move on to the next thing to do. It is always sad to see pretty things break or go away after so much was done to introduce them in the first place.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

HooCairs wrote: I used to have a honey hole for Rocky Mountai Elk in the very west with no wolves around (video). This spot has somehow been dried up completely. I believe the change came with the new render distance. There is no point in arguing about this though. The elk has been scrapped from my regular competitions
At one time there were no wolves in that area but I assure you there are now.
When I start at the circled tent I almost always find a pack at one of the marked locations and I have also found carcasses in the area.
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

While I really dont have a problem with them, there is no doubt there are way to many wolves on TGT. Maybe to appease the masses EW could reduce the numbers that spawn & make them more in line with a predators population? I have no idea how many animals spawn on a given map but I would venture someone at EW has at least an educated guess if not an exact number. How about reduce the numbers of wolves that spawn to roughly 10-20% of the population of the various deer species population. It would make the wolves far less common & actually more interesting to hunt while being less of a nuisance.

DISCLAIMER: EW if you make this enhancement be prepared for the rage posts titled "Where did the wolves go", "TGT is broke" & "I want my money back"

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

SoftShoe wrote:While I really dont have a problem with them, there is no doubt there are way to many wolves on TGT. Maybe to appease the masses EW could reduce the numbers that spawn & make them more in line with a predators population? I have no idea how many animals spawn on a given map but I would venture someone at EW has at least an educated guess if not an exact number. How about reduce the numbers of wolves that spawn to roughly 10-20% of the population of the various deer species population. It would make the wolves far less common & actually more interesting to hunt while being less of a nuisance.

DISCLAIMER: EW if you make this enhancement be prepared for the rage posts titled "Where did the wolves go", "TGT is broke" & "I want my money back"
:lol: :lol: So true. But it would still be nice to see a decline in them and making them less common- for sure. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

BCKidd wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:
:lol: :lol: So true. But it would still be nice to see a decline in them and making them less common- for sure. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Or you might get posts saying "Thank you for finally beginning to fix a broken reserve." & "I will comeback and give it a try".
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
SoftShoe wrote:

BCKidd.
Or you might get posts saying "Thank you for finally beginning to fix a broken reserve." & "I will comeback and give it a try".
Very true also. They'd get a thanks from me. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

This morning my lady and i decided to try Hoo's old hotspot on TGT for some Elk. We killed 2 over 370 and a 413 monster. Saw tons of others and never even saw or heard a wolf until we got down near the lakes. Try the west end of the map. Might have just been a lucky spawn but we'll be going back there again.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

XxStrong1xX wrote:This morning my lady and i decided to try Hoo's old hotspot on TGT for some Elk. We killed 2 over 370 and a 413 monster. Saw tons of others and never even saw or heard a wolf until we got down near the lakes. Try the west end of the map. Might have just been a lucky spawn but we'll be going back there again.
Well that's good to hear. You know what I think sometimes. They follow these posts and make spawn adjustments on the server, and what ever we claim on the forum is going to be wrong the next minute. Since they have moved the spawning to ber server-based, I wonder about myself still arguing about things on the forum as we can never be sure again about anything. :D

Congrats on the 413, that's huge!
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

a lot of this depends how you hunt timbergold but for those that arent happy with it just tweak the spooking mechanic from the wolves . no spawn places need to be adjusted or other big things. just stop the spooking from wolves. pretty simple to provide better gameplay for many.

for me personally im okay. you can go plenty of places get elk after elk even in wolf areas.same as any other animals on the reserve.the grizzly bears were more fun how they were originally introduced.more attacking added fun to the map.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

HooCairs wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:This morning my lady and i decided to try Hoo's old hotspot on TGT for some Elk. We killed 2 over 370 and a 413 monster. Saw tons of others and never even saw or heard a wolf until we got down near the lakes. Try the west end of the map. Might have just been a lucky spawn but we'll be going back there again.
Well that's good to hear. You know what I think sometimes. They follow these posts and make spawn adjustments on the server, and what ever we claim on the forum is going to be wrong the next minute. Since they have moved the spawning to ber server-based, I wonder about myself still arguing about things on the forum as we can never be sure again about anything. :D

Congrats on the 413, that's huge!
I've had the exact same thoughts myself Hoo :)

Thanks for the Congrats! I got a 406 a couple years ago but this was my best in a long time. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”