Timbergold Trails Makes Me Sad

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
james990
Outfitter

Re: Timbergold Trails Makes Me Sad

Post by james990 »

100% agree, RM Elk were one of my favourite animals to hunt when TGT came out, especially in the spruce forests, my favourite biome of TGT. However since wolves it felt as if there were a lot less elk, more dead ones than alive.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:This morning my lady and i decided to try Hoo's old hotspot on TGT for some Elk. We killed 2 over 370 and a 413 monster. Saw tons of others and never even saw or heard a wolf until we got down near the lakes. Try the west end of the map. Might have just been a lucky spawn but we'll be going back there again.
Well that's good to hear. You know what I think sometimes. They follow these posts and make spawn adjustments on the server, and what ever we claim on the forum is going to be wrong the next minute. Since they have moved the spawning to ber server-based, I wonder about myself still arguing about things on the forum as we can never be sure again about anything. :D

Congrats on the 413, that's huge!
It just goes to show it really is all random ;)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

TreeKiwi wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
XxStrong1xX wrote:This morning my lady and i decided to try Hoo's old hotspot on TGT for some Elk. We killed 2 over 370 and a 413 monster. Saw tons of others and never even saw or heard a wolf until we got down near the lakes. Try the west end of the map. Might have just been a lucky spawn but we'll be going back there again.
Well that's good to hear. You know what I think sometimes. They follow these posts and make spawn adjustments on the server, and what ever we claim on the forum is going to be wrong the next minute. Since they have moved the spawning to ber server-based, I wonder about myself still arguing about things on the forum as we can never be sure again about anything. :D

Congrats on the 413, that's huge!
It just goes to show it really is all random ;)
Fully agree. The game config is all random, thus the constant changes we see in the game. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

TreeKiwi, here's some suggestion and things so many wrote in the past for old reserves, I don't have time now to search the posts and copy the links, but they're there

1) Why not REFURBISH/FIX/NEW IA/IMPROVE whatever the word you want for some old animals on old reserves, like: Turkey, Roosevelt Elk
2) Fix the 2x Reverse CBOW scope, the fixed sight has better and more zoom than the scope, or much better (income) a new 3-5x scope
3) For God sake allow the Deployable Tower to buy it when we want! I don't care if the price rise up to 900-1000em$ I'll buy it
4) Decrease the time to deploy/undeploy the deployable tower
5) Loggers point: Increase the number of Mules and White deer I love that reserve but normally it's empty now if you want to hunt Mule's or WT, even pigs are scarce on south region
6) HUGE RESERVES: Like Timber, WRidge, WH-Island, RfFalls - Increase the number of Lodges or Tent Allowed, and Idea for income for EW: Tide the UPDATE of more tents like it's the Dep.Tower you allowed more tents (4-6 more) if you renew 1, 2, 3 years of Membership

There's a lot of UPDATES on OLD reserves and Tools that EW can gain more income if all the developers team read carefully the Ideas of players, hey the people who have more than 5 years playing and in advance 1-3 years of membership will not goo anywhere, but of course some had PLENTY of weapons and equipment and if you want 'em to stay and keep buying focus on real improvements for those people, I really thing EW is more focus on new players but those guest and new players will just buy 3, 6 months or 1 year membership and keep going I'm just speculating but I have the feeling no more than 50% of those new ones stay on the game renewing the membership.

Here's some more improvements/updates that for long time ago players/members asking for years (since MP launched or before) came to mind now

7) Old bolt rifles have magazine but the animation still one shot!, (.243, .270, .300)

I was so amazed and stunned that EW launch a "new" .243 and .270 and .300 (carbon, composite, grey wolf and cotw, winter) but those were just make up
rifles with the old animation, the really NEW RIFLE of the OLD Calibers where just the .308 Carbon.

The .300 it's the Classic rifle of the Game, the favorite to many (still my favorite) and I use it more now that the Mark 1 Scope launched, so why don't give it a little love and update it? Ok, not for free?? Then why not launch the .308 Bolt Action Rifle (Carbon) as new rifle but in .300 caliber!

8) Long time wanted/asked an .308 like the .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle
9) Blaser R8 Bolt Action Rifle big caliber (.300 or 30-06 or 8x57)

TImber:
I agree with previous post on this subjects

1) Too many wolfs
2) Scarce, Skittish (more the sow than boar) Grizzly
3) Grizzly attracted to carcasses it's a must not like the barrel bait, but at least 50-70%
4)
JimboCrow wrote: ...
4. Bighorn rockslides should be represented on the HunterMate just as ibex are. That single small change would make a big improvement and go a long way to helping everyone hunt them more successfully, and so more often. And as for the loud footsteps, for me they sort of make up for the lack of a 'warning peep.' I don't have a problem with them, I kind of like it....
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Thank you all for reading my lengthy OP and your thoughts and kindness. Here's another!

Although I have talked with others over the past couple years about TGT and heard their thoughts, and I certainly didn't/don't intend that my thoughts here speak for everyone. My frustration with my recent excursions back into TGT are what started the hamster wheel spinning in my head, so I decided to form the groans and moans and hopefully not-too-loud cries into the actual, cohesive words of my OP and this post.

Maybe I'm missing something with the grizzlies, I don't know ..yet(see last section). When I hear of others having no problem getting close to them, with consistency, I just sit and wonder "how?" I think my avatar travels at the same speed as everyone else? :lol: I'm not normally a run-n-gunner type of hunter, I much more enjoy the "silent but deadly" stalking style. For me though, getting behind a grizzly is one of most maddening animals in the EHR to get behind, probably followed right up by bighorn sheep. I have no problem catching up to every other bear, just not these. Below is the last updated post from the "Known coordinates of carcasses" thread.. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... s&start=80

Please keep in mind that these are all of the currently known/player-posted possible carcass spawn locations and does not imply that a carcass is spawned at every one of them for each and every hunt. Only EW knows how many of them are actually spawned each hunt, but to anyone who has spent a good enough time in TGT I believe we all know it's a very high amount. From this picture I think it's also pretty evident of where wolves are normally spawned, which is almost everywhere in the lowlands. Again, to those with enough experience in TGT, I believe we all know that the wolf spawn numbers are also very high. Last but not least, we can also see where the carcasses aren't spawned. It is my belief that if the carcass spawn number were to be decreased(and I do believe it should be drastically cut), it would certainly still leave plenty of "carcass-free" grizzly territory devoted to those who would still prefer to stalk hunt them 100% of the time, and I think that's a great thing too. I can't really see how anyone would be upset with the TGT ideas I've proposed in this tread, but I'm all for hearing better ones as well. The only thing I'm absolutely sure of is that TGT makes me sad.
RogerYar wrote:-2980, -144 added
Full list:
Spoiler:
-2449, 608
-2424, 1039
-2598, 1074
-2696, 740
-2924, 528
-2935, 759
-2980, -144
-3018, 59
-3168, 480
-3192, 756
-3232, -35
-3300, 332
-3388, 496
-3981, 51
-4082, 244
-4099, -197
-4221, 381
-4234, -106
-4280, -363
-4372, 480
-4380, 91
-4529, 672
-4716, 736
-4874, 350
-4912, 812
-5008, 896
-5068, 1024
-5118, 1180
-5175, 222
-5189, 598
-5200, 348
-5204, 680
-5242, 1266
-5275, 1088
-5281, -404
-5287, 1524
-5322, 116
-5340, -260
-5353, 36
-5357, 585
-5398, -366
-5456, 1667
-5457, -79
-5465, 364
-5484, -136
-5489, 1574
-5500, -7
-5546, 1746
-5603, 648
-5639, -295
-5681, -345
-5699, 107
-5751, 1783
-5770, -230
-5919, 869
-5946, 1788
-6076, 1818
-6187, 1079
-6257, 2008
-6305, 1669
-6335, 1424
-6407, 2036
-6519, 1410
-6610, 885
-6633, 1233
-6677, 471
-6754, 616
-6768, 1790
-6800, 890
-6868, 1003
-6906, 808
-6973, 1122
-7596, 1396
-7663, 700
-7856, 726
-8136, 1140
This last section is a little bit separate, but not really..
After the Summer Fiesta events were finished I had no plans to go back into TGT anytime soon ..until a friend wanted to go hunt mule deer in TGT one night last week, lol. So we did, and so some suspicions from my Summer Fiesta hunting in TGT ended up being made clearer.. In case some of you don't know it, the "roaming bear" or "endless roaming" bug has reared its ugly head again. Dyeuz posted and said he's witnessed it, too. So far it appears that at least rocky mountain elk and grizzly bears are suffering it.(I also had a set of mule deer tracks just up and disappear in that hunt as well, but since then I have been seeing posts from others saying that tracks all over the EHR are suddenly disappearing off their huntermates, and so of course think it's an EHR issue and not TGT-specific) I created this bug report for it.. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=88378

If anyone else has witnessed the roaming bug anywhere in the EHR recently, please share your experience in that post to help EW fix this exceptionally nasty bug. Please keep in mind that it doesn't happen to every animal you track, it only happens to some, therefore it's much harder for EW to nail down. The longer the hunts/more animals tracked to completion, the better the odds are of seeing it in action.

As for my grizzly bear "ineptness", it may be me or it may be with help from this bug or it may be both, but I am not going to blame myself any longer until this bug is fixed! :lol:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Good post Birdman !

I also, think that the carcasses should be decreased a fair amount . The past couple weeks , while in TgT , i've noticed that everywhere i was going , i could hear crows ! Mainly meaning that i was near or around a carcass many times .
I like to walk the East / West river and from the map above , we can clearly see that there are lots of carcasses on that path .
On that map above , there are over 75 reported spawn points for carcasses . In real life , in a reserve similar in square feet , i doubt we would find 1/5 of that .

Did not get the roaming bug since last time . Did not track a grizzly either . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I was going to post here when this post 1st came out and I had a big long write-up about all the problems on TGT.
But I accidently erased the text before I could post and save and quit it. I blame my fumbling old mans hands.
All I got to say is yeah, Fix it by lowering Carcass amount numbers, Wolf pack numbers, Male Grizzly bear fleeing, and whatever the rest there is that is not appropriate that makes
hunting TGT less desirable than it really could be!
I don't think EW cares what some of us think as long as they make money and that is what upsets me most of the time with the non-re-fixes of their game standards.
And IMO if I am correct they want to make hunting animals harder now................. :lol:
Well they haven't accessed how hard it is to hunt unorthodox game animals that are also bugged.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I just did a hunt on TGT, the first one in a while. Was trying to find deer for the September Madness.

In a little more than two hours real time I tracked 26 mule deer (but most of them I never saw) and found just 5 RM elk tracks. In the same time I tracked 41 (!) different wolves - even though I wasn't actively looking for them. Heard crows about half of the time. I saw 2 RM elk bulls half an hour into the hunt, never got any calls after that, only saw a herd of cows later - and a lot of carcasses of course.

So I do agree that the number of wolves should be reduced significantly, the chasing mechanic toned down and elk carcasses shouldn't be around every corner. It's a pity that such a beautiful reserve is spoiled by a species that has just three different scores. :roll:

(On a side note: I killed five male grizzlies, two of them blondes. That never happens when I'm trying to do grizzly missions. :? )
Image Image Image
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

In TT there are some old bugs, never solved. My favorites reserves are TT and SC, although years ago there were more animals and more harvests.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Had a lot of fun but I need to explore I just got lazy because got a treestand that produces everything except bighorn. Wolves dont seem that dominant but they run fast so easy to find tracks

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”