Messages that interrupt the game

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
[email protected]

Messages that interrupt the game

Post by [email protected] »

Hello, I would like to raise a question about two messages that usually appear in any hunting game.

I am talking about taxidermy and animal without a license, these messages require a mouse click, in the middle of hunting game, that interruption is vital in many occasions.

the taxidermy, forces you to make a decision and click on a small window where the em and gm options are illuminated, as fast by mouse proximity, as the NO option, in my case it has already happened twice give the use of em, losing that balance instantly, this message is correct but not necessary the instant response, since there are enough hours to make the decision of taxidermy.

the second text of the animal without a license, is also correctly expressed, but the OK button is unnecessary, many times before I can click on the button, a moose, a bear, a boar, etc., I have been attacked and not I was able to avoid the action.

If these messages do not question their content, since they are very necessary, they were in the upper left, just like the missions, without needing to respond to them, these problems would not occur, there would be no unnecessary interruption in the game.

also say that I am a code programmer, and computer, and that I know that this change is very low cost, and would be a true revolution for everyone to hunt.

finally thank everyone for your time, for reading my comment, and apologize this is not a place, but I wanted to have the maximum impact of hearing and also say that this in my mind bother anyone, I am grateful to the thousands of hours of fun of this great game.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Messages that interrupt the game

Post by ronMctube »

the one after harvesting in trophy mode is not needed at all and slows the game. its my most frustrating thing in this game.there is no need for it all all.as if you want to taxidermize a animal you can do it from the website.wasnt a well thought out game mechanic.ideally you want a game to flow as much as possible.especially in immersion style games.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

That pop-up message which free guests get for the license/become a member or else you're going to be annoyed like mad and never ever want to buy into this game "reminder" is crazy. "Annoyed like mad" doesn't quite cut it, it's more like "infuriating" since not only does it pop up sooo many times during a hunt right in the middle of the screen, it also needs to be clicked away. Honestly, if this had been around when I first started playing, I would have very quickly put the game down and never spent a cent. The implementation of this nagware tactic was and still is extremely misguided, in my opinion, and the number one hunting video game in the world should instead rely on its strengths in order to garner more sales.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

This sounds a lot like a suggestion... Moved to "Thoughts & Suggestions". ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Yep it does, thanks!
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

ronMctube wrote:the one after harvesting in trophy mode is not needed at all and slows the game. its my most frustrating thing in this game.there is no need for it all all.as if you want to taxidermize a animal you can do it from the website.wasnt a well thought out game mechanic.ideally you want a game to flow as much as possible.especially in immersion style games.

That can be turned off Ben in settings I believe
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

no it cant be turned off.the original first one can before a trophy shot can.the one after taking the trophy shot cant. thats the one id like off. its off in the options but isnt off.been like that since it came out. reported it numerous times.

i personally dont like it as when im videoing.i cut after taking the trophy shot but...what happens is then a taxidermise message pops up.if you fade out off that you will see the message as the last thing.so annoying.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

Well I got my taxidermise message Shut off it does not COME up now Ben
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I think that these little inconveniences are way better than if we had to sit there and gut the animal, tag it, then take it back to the lodge ourselves after confirming we were the hunter who is claiming the animal,.. ha ha but not always the one who shot it. And we get on the spot trophy shots or Taxidermy requests.
What I would do IRL if this could happen. :D But in the game players are already to shoot the next animal within moments of just shooting one.
I guess this is the wait time penalty reminder why we have to click a couple of pop-ups........................ :lol:
OR else it would quite be like growing into an arcade style game.
wvmtman59
Spotter

Post by wvmtman59 »

abslayer wrote:Well I got my taxidermise message Shut off it does not COME up now Ben
How? Never mind found it.
Last edited by wvmtman59 on August 5th, 2018, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”