Bullet cam option

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Minkus32

Bullet cam option

Post by Minkus32 »

I know there are lots of people who don't want a bullet cam, but I'd love the option to turn it on for certain shots if I wanted. For instance, a 150+m shot, I'd love to actually follow the bullet to the hit (or miss as it were) just do i could easily guage how well I shot or how much the bullet dropped from where I thought it should hit.
Being able to turn it off/on would satisfy everyone I would think....
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Bullet cam option

Post by Hawkeye »

The lack of a bullet cam was a design decision. Arcade hunters, such as the Cabela's series feature these. Part of what sets theHunter apart & makes it feel like a more realistic experience is the fact that you don't know exactly where you hit the animal until you pick up blood tracks. There are many ways that adding this feature would be detrimental to the game. First, imagine that you're shooting long distance. You take your shot from 400m away and follow the bullet cam to see that you hit body & didn't touch any organs. With that knowledge you now just stay put, looking for another animal to shoot instead of pursuing the wounded one. Second, having the knowledge ahead of time of where you hit the animal & what organs were impacted takes away from what the tracking skill actually gains you. If you already have this knowledge before ever picking up a track, then what good is it? Third, particularly in long-range shooting, having the ability to simply follow the bullet and watch it's drop to the target would be a huge advantage. The process of practicing your long-range shooting to understand the drop is now reduced to just watching the drop in real-time and adjusting. Aside from the advantages it would give you, it just adds an arcade feel that turned many theHunter players off of those other hunting games in the first place.

Also, please use the Search feature, as this has been suggested & discussed many times over theHunter's existence, starting from day 1. You'll find some interesting discussion.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”