Multiplayer Competitions

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Multiplayer Competitions

Post by xAncalagonx »

I know this topic is as old as the game itself.

But in light of the changes and improvements with the game lately, especially with the multiplayer placement of objects and such, I want to bring it up again.

About 97% of the competitions for the game are single player mode only, across all of the species, and I just can't understand why.

For the sake of transparency I will also say that 100% of the reason why I rarely touch competitions is precisely because they are single player mode only. Whether I am playing alone, or with a friend, I always start a hunt in multiplayer mode because a friend might join in later.

Sure, there might be some competitions where playing as a team might give you an advantage (driven hunts and whatnot), but that shouldn't mean every single competition is single player only. There should be a much more balanced amount of single player vs multiplayer competitions, even to the point where they are one-to-one, e.g. a new pheasant competition is started then it should trigger both one for multiplayer and another for single player, and you enroll in whichever one you prefer.

How would scoring be handled?

Same as it is for every animal in the game right now; whoever gets the kill-shot gets the trophy, ergo gets to register the animal towards the competition.

Someone might "steal" your kills? Then why did you let them into your multiplayer session in the first place?

I would have no problems with my friend getting the trophy even though we both hunted the same animal. We usually take turns on larger game, or we pick our targets in a herd and fire simultaneously. This is pretty common for anyone doing multiplayer hunting. And with bird hunting you can't really tell which bird is fatter than the other, so for ducks, geese and pheasants we just blast the birds out of the sky and count our scores afterwards.

So why can't we have more multiplayer competitions in the game?

It would certainly make hunting with friends more fun (and competitive!).
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Multiplayer Competitions

Post by Pittie »

xAncalagonx wrote:It would certainly make hunting with friends more fun (and competitive!).
Absolute, especial Team Comps. And this would some friends bring back who don't play TH anymore. But.. we will never see such playmode. Why? EW could not sell it directly.
We all know, that EW only develop things which they can sell. And about longtime strategy they understand nothing.
Sorry, but after waiting many years for team comps I lose any hope.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”