Improving the results of patches and updates .

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Improving the results of patches and updates .

Post by DYEUZ »

General suggestion for the whole game .
The creation of a group of testers .
Creation :
- a group of 5@10 person .
- Each with a separate account for testing only .

How this would / could work : Without any knowledge of PC stuff and programming , i say ...
- Any additions , updates , patches , directly affecting the gameplay ,would be sent to the testers , prior to public release , for testing .
- It would be tested for a while . Couples days .
- Reports on how things go, would be sent to EW as it is tested .

Results :
- Bugs ,issues found could be worked on right away .

Final thoughts :
- Makes no sense to me to not have found , not have detected these major issues/bugs, we are having right now after latest patch/update .
- If this would have been tested , outside of the EW servers , it would have been found/detected .
- These latest issues , affect the gameplay big time . ( No more ropes in VDB , Baiting system not working , etc )
- Yes, it could delay the update's projected dates, but wouldn't it be better to have it delayed and then have way less issues ?

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Herzbube

Re: Improving the results of patches and updates .

Post by Herzbube »

They could use Game Changers like e.g. in the Battlefield series. Let people who play the game a lot - and therefore know it quite well from a player's perspective - test patches or new features. Such a group could include people who have sizeable theHunter related YouTube channels, are at the top of leaderboards or have many, many hours of played time. The reward for those experienced testers could be a unique shirt or a forum title.

I do not know if this is already happening but it is a relatively cheap way of finding bugs without using devs or people who can't fully take the player's perspective because they're too involved on the production side of theHunter.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

In one of the last twitch streams they mentioned that it was the beta testers that suggested a little more testing before release. So they are doing it from what is reported. How many testers, for how long, who they are using, those are all questions that they don't have to answer.
When I didn't see any activity from Hoocairs in a while, I figured he was one of the the ones doing the testing. Which would fall right in line with what was just suggested.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

This is a great suggestion and I'll support this idea no matter what!
I'm sure, we all can wait a few more days for updates to be released. Then have a cooked and great update in the end. :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Exploatores

Post by Exploatores »

make it 50 to 100 persons testing. as it wouldn´t be a full time work, pepole might not have time to test play stuff all the time and sometimes strange bugs turn up. climbing ropes and feeders isn´t the first thing I would check as the rendering range was the big thing this time.
Shaggymobilly
Spotter

Post by Shaggymobilly »

I think this is a great idea. Since this update came out I've been wondering how they test. I used to be a tester for another PC game and many of the issues in this update should've been found IMO. I mean the biggest example is the not being able to spot animals past 220m. How in the world do you release an update that specifically adds that feature along with new gear to help perform that specific task, and not check to see that it actually performs that basic function? I just don't see how it's possible to not find that in any reasonable testing like I used to do. Perhaps there is a good explanation, however that bug and a couple others really boggle my mind in this update.

I digress, I would be glad to help out as a beta tester if anyone actually put a group like this together. I always enjoyed doing it and it was nice to feel like you have a part in helping to progress a game you enjoy. Hopefully someone will put us to work....
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I would have enough to cover all 12 reserves, and all species. A single tester could be assigned to a single reserve and species. If you hunt anything continuously for three or four days you will find the problems if there are any. You'd have to use every world item, not just the obvious ones like tree stands and blinds.

It would be easy to make a checklist, and then submit it to EW when you are done testing. Every weapon, scope, ammo for that reserve was used. Every species was harvested, all world items were placed and used, etc. etc.

It's a great idea, but it won't ever happen. Everything is so secret, I doubt anyone would sign off on it. Even though they would expand their testing staff multiple times, at no cost.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Although this is a good idea, this will probably never happen. We know EW has a set of community members that does the beta testing. Some of these member we know pretty well and know they are smart. I am pretty sure these testers are more than capable and found 90% of these bugs. So the question isn't why weren't these bugs found, it should be why does EW choose to ignore the testers input and release a knowingly buggy update anyway? Now for the part I find most interesting. Anybody remember what EW said after the WRR release disaster? They promise to be more thorough finding and fixing bugs, hired a QA manager for that purpose, and opened the beta to the community with the first beta testing being for the new additional ducks. I remember we had a good release after that community testing too. Then for some unknown reason they decided not to do that anymore and went back to their broken ways. So why EW why do you not care enough and have pride in your work to want to be proud of releasing good quality work. We the community have told you time and time again, we are patient. We prefer you take the time to do something right and to be thorough and release a quality product to us. We don't mind waiting. There is no need to rush something out and break the game further and ruin our playing experiences. But alas, my fellow hunters, our words seem to always fall on deaf ears.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Although this is a good idea, this will probably never happen. We know EW has a set of community members that does the beta testing. Some of these member we know pretty well and know they are smart.
And who are those well known testers ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I followed the discussion mostly. I agree. It might prove usefull for reducing the flaming on the forum for it seemed a lot of Player vs Devs lately and we all have the best end game in mind.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”