MP Server Suggestion: Save Settings. Server custom info more visible

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
rhapsodaisical
Scout

MP Server Suggestion: Save Settings. Server custom info more visible

Post by rhapsodaisical »

As a recent thread about Etiquette I found that a Welcome message in my server is a must. As I have had enough F2P Apes in my jungle.
(before you suggest to have the server changed so guests wont join, dont :), I do this for the reason so they might like the game)

The server settings arent being saved in preferences and love to see this done for starters. Furthermore, when joining, a pop up message with game details/rules etc showing prior to clicking might me a great improvement.

Not sure what you guys think about it. I love to host and show new players around, but I hate the times they come in and ruin my game experience over and over.
Elrique64
Spotter

Re: MP Server Suggestion: Save Settings. Server custom info more visible

Post by Elrique64 »

These are GREAT ideas. Something that highlights the rules for the session, and verifies the joining player has read them, as well as saving those rules from one session to the next. (Although some of us might need more than one set of rules saved based on reserve/equipment....)

I'm actually very surprised this hasn't been implemented already...
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Yeah, and the description/details/rules field should be rendered some bigger in the launcher, allowing to display more text.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

At 1st I would post my server rules in the comments section but I found that more then a few people ignored them. Then I changed it to a minimum hunter score of 1000 assuming it would eliminate the transient F2P types & it did help some but I still had problems. Finally I change my MP sessions to members only & found it helped a great deal with the "quality" of people joining. It would seem that once someone has invested their money into a game they are much more likely to take it seriously.

The unfortunate reality is some people are just a-holes that get their enjoyment by being a nuisance to others. Posting rules is akin to giving them a "to do" list.

What we need is the ability to kick specific people from our MP sessions without just ending the hunt. That would be a great help & give hosts some recourse against nuisance players.

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

SoftShoe wrote:What we need is the ability to kick specific people from our MP sessions without just ending the hunt. That would be a great help & give hosts some recourse against nuisance players.
You can do that, unless I've missed something and the function no longer works :?

It's a long time since I've had to do it, but it was an effective solution in the past.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Since we're on the topic.

A complete overhaul of Admin Power in the Game itself would be great. Sending messages as "Admin" via server messages (preloaded, timed, etc) that highlight.

Adding Moderator perhaps offer others kick ban rules too.
Elrique64
Spotter

Post by Elrique64 »

I would also like to see a few other start up options.

Are teams allowed? Are teams public or private? (This came about from someone joining my hosted session and promptly going into a team. "So he and his friend wouldn't have to see any one else.." Which, oddly enough, could cause him to violate the 500 meter rule.)

From server select, "red" zones. Where newbies guests aren't likely to find animals they can hunt. Yellow zones that could be a mix of hunt-able and not hunt-able by guests, etc... The host determines if guest can go into a red zone when he makes the session.

The server side controls are minimal, at best. There is a lot of room for improvements.
Our freedoms have been bought by the blood of our Veterans. Pay them back with love, kindness and support.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”