More Era specific gear and weapons

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
rhapsodaisical
Scout

More Era specific gear and weapons

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I love my musket and considering the trapper outfit as well as the classic binoculars. (only to wait till Doc wants to sell the tent again)
But I like to see more much historical themed guns/equipment. (from any era really)

For instance the Musket handgun is not bad and really like the concept. I just can't get myself to buy it as I don't want to have something high tech/stainless for something so classic and stylish. I really hope they launch a skin in a more vintage fashion.

Currently I struggle a bit in defining eras in game. I can see some Colonial, Cowboy, Great War items but as a bigger package they seem a bit lacking for full experience.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Re: More Era specific gear and weapons

Post by VonStratos »

There are competitions that are limited to muskets only, i think that is the closer thing to hunt in a old era style that we have in game, but i agree with you that could be nice to have a way to hunt with only classic eras items, a themed game play.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Yeah, I got the outfit and instantly regretted it when I was walking around happily with bino's around my neck and loading my musket.... to find a hi tech PDA in my hand! haha

They sure can do with some extra skins for that, and a fitting backpack!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I would like to see this as well!

Technically we have no muskets in the game. A musket is smoothbore military arm. What we have are muzzleloaders. I would love to see a flintlock in game & even made a post suggesting it but it didnt seem to garner much interest.

I would also like to see more turn of the century weapons. The 405 is great but I would like something for medium & small game.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”