3D printing your trophies

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Andyka20

3D printing your trophies

Post by Andyka20 »

I just came up with the idea that it would be so much fun to 3d print your trophies. I have never tried to 3d print before, but was thinking how cool would be hanging to the wall my own miniature copies of my shot animals...
There are plentey of cheap mini 3d printers on ebay... You only have to download the model file from the trophy lodge and print it home.
All you have to do is to paint your trophy and hang to the wall.

Do you think it could be possible? Developers? What do you gamers think about it?

Andyka
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: 3D printing your trohies

Post by Tod1d »

Are you talking about the animals / trophy mounts? Sure it would be possible. But they'd have to make the 3D models available somehow.
I think most 3D printers accept standard polygon/faceted geometry files like .stl (Stereolithography), PLY, OBJ, et.al.
STL is still the "de facto" standard. But you might need to convert it for your specific 3D printer.
You would also need software to build a nest / support structure, unless the model will stand on it's own & remain stable throughout the printing process.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Andyka20

Re: 3D printing your trohies

Post by Andyka20 »

Tod1d wrote:Are you talking about the animals / trophy mounts? Sure it would be possible. But they'd have to make the 3D models available somehow.
I think most 3D printers accept standard polygon/faceted geometry files like .stl (Stereolithography), PLY, OBJ, et.al.
STL is still the "de facto" standard. But you might need to convert it for your specific 3D printer.
You would also need software to build a nest / support structure, unless the model will stand on it's own & remain stable throughout the printing process.

Yes I think about the trophy animals. It would be nice to have your own real trophy wall. :D :D
kblut

Re: 3D printing your trophies

Post by kblut »

Impressive idea, I do support that 100% !!! :) Cheers

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”