Trophy Lodges - Deleting Animals

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Nockedup
Hunter

Trophy Lodges - Deleting Animals

Post by Nockedup »

Since the Trophy Lodges have been around, I'm sure there are many of us who have used the Taxidermy function to preserve animals that at the time we wanted to keep. If you are like me, when the Trophy Lodges were brand new I taxidermized some animals that weren't really trophy caliber; I just wanted to see what they would look like hanging on the wall. I was under the assumption that there was going to be an option built into the Trophy Lodge management system allowing us to delete animals that we have already taxidermized, but that is not the case. The animals pile up fast in your inventory and can make managing several different Trophy Lodges a nightmare.

For the longest time, the Gallery, where your Trophy Shots are displayed, was set up the same way. You couldn't delete Trophy Shots. Then one day, EW added the delete function to the Gallery and everyone was able to go in and clean up their Trophy Shot gallery. This was a big plus in my opinion.

The Bottom Line:

I would like to see a delete function added to the Trophy Lodge management system so we could remove all of the animals that we probably will never hang on any walls again. EW shouldn't mind since they've already received payment in the form of em$ or gm$ for the taxidermy, so I don't see where it would have any negative impact on EW's income for the taxidermy processing.
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Trophy Lodges - Deleting Animals

Post by Tanngnjostr »

You can't delete them, but you can choose to hide certain mounts from the selection menu. Alena said that since we paid for them, the option to delete them could become a problem - I think she feared support being swamped by requests to bring (accidently) deleted mounts back. So they chose to implement the "hide" feature instead.
Image Image Image
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Nockedup wrote:Since the Trophy Lodges have been around, I'm sure there are many of us who have used the Taxidermy function to preserve animals that at the time we wanted to keep. If you are like me, when the Trophy Lodges were brand new I taxidermized some animals that weren't really trophy caliber; I just wanted to see what they would look like hanging on the wall. I was under the assumption that there was going to be an option built into the Trophy Lodge management system allowing us to delete animals that we have already taxidermized, but that is not the case. The animals pile up fast in your inventory and can make managing several different Trophy Lodges a nightmare.

For the longest time, the Gallery, where your Trophy Shots are displayed, was set up the same way. You couldn't delete Trophy Shots. Then one day, EW added the delete function to the Gallery and everyone was able to go in and clean up their Trophy Shot gallery. This was a big plus in my opinion.

The Bottom Line:

I would like to see a delete function added to the Trophy Lodge management system so we could remove all of the animals that we probably will never hang on any walls again. EW shouldn't mind since they've already received payment in the form of em$ or gm$ for the taxidermy, so I don't see where it would have any negative impact on EW's income for the taxidermy processing.
Are you aware that you can "hide" those animals that you no longer want to appear in inventory?

Edit: Quick Draw McGraw, Marc beat me to it. :D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Nockedup wrote:Since the Trophy Lodges have been around, I'm sure there are many of us who have used the Taxidermy function to preserve animals that at the time we wanted to keep. If you are like me, when the Trophy Lodges were brand new I taxidermized some animals that weren't really trophy caliber; I just wanted to see what they would look like hanging on the wall. I was under the assumption that there was going to be an option built into the Trophy Lodge management system allowing us to delete animals that we have already taxidermized, but that is not the case. The animals pile up fast in your inventory and can make managing several different Trophy Lodges a nightmare.

The Bottom Line:

Are you aware that you can "hide" those animals that you no longer want to appear in inventory?

Edit: Quick Draw McGraw, Marc beat me to it. :D
Wow, I had no idea that could be done! Since EW hasn't added a delete button to the lodges inventory, how about a pg number for the trophy shot pages. Would sure make deleting crappy pics easier. Rather then hittin' the back button which only takes us to the next page. Page numbers would be so much better. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Nockedup
Hunter

Post by Nockedup »

Tanngnjostr wrote:You can't delete them, but you can choose to hide certain mounts from the selection menu. Alena said that since we paid for them, the option to delete them could become a problem - I think she feared support being swamped by requests to bring (accidently) deleted mounts back. So they chose to implement the "hide" feature instead.
Yes, I know that you can hide them, but that doesn't clean up the clutter. I don't know why having a delete option would be a problem as long as a popup came up warning you that you are about to permanently delete the animal, similar to the warning you get when you are about to delete a trophy shot. I have 5 trophy lodges now and enough animals that are not hanging on the walls that could fill 5 more. None of those smaller animals I have cluttering up my inventory are going to get hung on the wall again, so why not be able to delete them?
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”