Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
TrueshotM
Scout

Re: Don't call the game F2P

Post by TrueshotM »

ronMctube wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:
ronMctube wrote:

the model and advertising can be very different indeed.i know some games that can be played to their entirity with not one penny being spent on them.Dirtybomb for eg.i played that for nearly 2000 hrs earnt all my gear by just playing.

as todd says if steam put it under the ftp banner.then you have to blame steam for it.
If it doesn't require a credit card number or monthly payment to hop on a map and shoot a free species........it's free to play, facts not opinion. Unfortunately it's not as "free" as some people want it to be but you can play this game and kill without spending a dime. I doubt anyone that doesn't want to spend a dollar on this game is gonna stick around and take it serious anyways. So it's a nice little thing for anyone to be able to hop in, see the game, test it out..."PLAY" it and see how they like it before investing $ into it. If they required a monthly fee before they let you enter a map then it wouldn't be, but it is, just to a certain extent.

its a tricky subject to debate.you state fact.should never do that in a internet debate or subject.the truth of it is you are limited in play for free . you cant do everything in the game for free.that is fact.the games great but much of the negativity came from it being labled ftp when it isnt.if it was you wouldnt have had so many putting what they have put over the years on steam.or marking the rating down because they believe the title of free to play doesnt fit the game.which being honest and anyone saying anything else is quite frankly a lie.you can only play ftp if you have a weapon that is free and on a reserve with a animal that ethical for that week.i get why its done i understand it.the game isnt ftp though.

you dont need to reply.i understand what you mean.im just stating a honest opinion.i actually think that image maybe better on steam if it wasnt labled as it is.was.

as to say there is no free to play games for nothing.yes there is . as i said dirtybomb no money needs to be spent at all.you can get everything from just playing.there is no held back all the content is free if you choose to play it.they offer paid content aswell and that covers the free players but you in no way benefit from buying paid items.many people dont realize how ftp actually works and how much of the community behind the game needs to chip in to cover and make money for a game.its a tiny percentage of the whole population of the game.
I'm not a "fanyboy" of you Ron, but I respected you and enjoyed your content. Just because you can't do everything in the game doesn't mean it's not free to play. Let's take world of warcraft for example. Everquest.either one I'd pay 10 to 15 dollars a month just to run around the maps. Not free to play, things have changed with those games but I'm talking about the release dates and couple years after. So I had to pay 10 to 15 a month just to get one the map, just to see what others have accomplished through time and effort. You can hop on the hunter anytime and kill animals so it is free to play. Point blank no argument it's free to play. It's not free to own every weapon and an unlimited access to hunt all animals. It isn't advertised as that either. So there's no lying going on, there's no shenanigans, you get what you give in this game and if you don't want to give a dollar you still get to hunt free species. That's free to play .....................can't argue that.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

If you want to get your ShadowKnight Epic weapon 1.0 1.5 or 2.0 you have to pay money to do anything on Everquest. That's not free to play. You can shoot a Trophy and get $5 from a photo competition, you can multiplayer with your buddies without paying a dime and see monsters, if you shoot a rare you can enter and win $5 to get your the weapon you need to gem more EM's in competitions...........it's free...........to see all content......If you have a friend it's free to do anything in Multiplayer. lets cut the bull it is a free to play and I made thousands of dollars worth of Platinum on everquest ..........You can hunt for free so its F2P. Just not free to own every item. Jeeze. Let's cut all the b.s and if it isn't F2P have your lawyer contant EW's lawyer and ya'll can go to court and if you're right you'll win thousands of dollars. So....are you gonna sue EW or realize hey, it is free to play, just not to the extend I'd like it to be????????????
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

and when I say I made thousands of dollars worth of platinum I mean I made thousands of U.S.D selling in game money to lazy people who couldn't grind it out themselves. This is a free to play game, just not I get to choose what is free to hunt this week. That simple.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

When I see comments on "it's not free" "it's advertised to trick you into buying everything through a money grab scam" and garbage like that I have this suggestion- focus on your studies, get through school, make your way in life because you have a ways to go before you're ready for "reality" in the real world.

There's more "free" options today than ever before with the "FREE" animal rotations and "F2P" comps for those who haven't spent a cent for anything. Their only investment is the time it took to DL the game - FOR FREE - If someone wants to complain about that, it's only a lack of understanding on their part.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

This game is free to play.
I am 100% positive on that fact.
I tested it several years back when even the single shot shotgun had to be ground out with Gms.
Now you get the shotgun for free and that gave you the opportunity to be so much further ahead with (Free ) Gms purchases.
I wrote a guide for the Wiki setting out the method that needed to be adopted ( http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Guest_Player_Guide ) and until the introduction of the Bison every animal on every reserve could be hunted successfully for free.
Of course as pointed out, none of those complaining would have read it, in fact , even if they had been able to find it they probably still wouldn't have bothered.
The only thing E.W. needs to do to keep the game completely F.T.P is to make the 45.70 Buffalo gun and its ammunition free as well, to cover the new big game animals.

Now wait for the screams from the anti Guest lobbyists.
Last edited by DanthemanBoone on April 12th, 2018, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

I wouldnt use the 45-70 buffalo for this, cuz a few hunters spend ems on it, would be not fair for them (im one of them). Better make a new free gun for bison only, or allow bison for the single shotgun and slugs or whatever.. - problem solved!
Now offline. Forever.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

\m/ wrote:I wouldnt use the 45-70 buffalo for this, cuz a few hunters spend ems on it, would be unfair for them (im one of them). Better make a new free gun for bison only, or allow bison with the single shotgun and slugs or whatever.. - problem solved!
Oh Dear.
Did E.W. give me back the GMs I spent to buy the single shot shotgun ?
I dont think so.
Did it matter?
Not a bit.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

GMS are free, ems are paid for ..thats the point why it matters.

Allow bison with the single shotgun and all is perfect. Problem would be solved within minutes..
Now offline. Forever.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Dont forget the waterbuffs as well.
Allowing the 12 g would mean that all 12 g shotguns and the 10 gauge would also have to be allowed.
Dont think that would work.
Also , It took a lot longer to earn the GMs to buy the shotgun than what it took to earn 600 EMs.
I could earn $6.00 in 15 minutes at work. It took days to earn the needed GMs in game.

But yes, maybe a completely new Gun ?
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

The (game) ethical weapon list is for gamebalance (or sellbalance?! :D), has not rly something to do with real hunting or? Should be no problem to allow only the single shotgun for bison/waterbuff.
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”