Don't call the game F2P

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Extort713
Tracker

Re: Don't call the game F2P

Post by Extort713 »

Downloads best hunting game made to date, gets guns for free, can hunt 3 species for free, 2 membership species are free each week, missions which give you money to allow you to buy consumable items to hunt any species in the game, and last but not least competitions that award money that allow you to buy guns/clothing/equipment/ect; complains that game isn't free. Sounds pretty free to me. If you never wanted to pay for this game you could grind all of it out, or support the developer a little and get what you want.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

I would never support a game that i like, rly! :D
Now offline. Forever.
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

A free game like Warframe lets you grid and earn everything. This game? Nope. Not at all. Ultimately, the game is not free 2 play. I found some keys for cheap, other wise, lets be honest. Not really worth it. But every game like this has its white whales.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

the best thing the developers could do is to make a good guide, make everything "noob" friendly so people will understand quicker how this game works and do not get turned off
straight away if they see that they need to pay for every item.
Go to the "Help" tab one the FRONT page of the website. There are 10+ tutorials in addition to links to "Community resources & guides" = (forums)
The least someone could do is a little more research into a game before they make their negative review. It's free to play it. That's how I got hooked. I tried it for free. I realized I liked it so I joined the forums to learn more about it before dumping money into it. Hell, I think you can even lurk the forums as a guest without signing in.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Graham mentioned " the game offering a free to play experience " and that by far is the best description for it.

Quite honestly I am glad there is a F2P option. Otherwise I'd never would've played this.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I am proof that this game can be F2P if you want it to be. Due to circumstances beyond my control I played this game without a membership for over 8 years off and on. Most of the time I was fairly content not having a membership. I must say now that I have one, the game is much more enjoyable and well worth it. But, you can play it for free if that is what you want. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

XxStrong1xX wrote:I am proof that this game can be F2P if you want it to be. Due to circumstances beyond my control I played this game without a membership for over 8 years off and on. Most of the time I was fairly content not having a membership. I must say now that I have one, the game is much more enjoyable and well worth it. But, you can play it for free if that is what you want. :)
This game is F2P with limited access and until you start wanting more than what's F2P with limited access then it become P2P
Some people cannot accept that fact and that is where the game gets bad reviews.
The label of F2P is not a lie it is just not telling the whole truth.......... :lol:

The Label of the game should look like this:

FTP w/limited access

Then it should be explained what the FTP consists of.
That would cover all the misunderstanding of what F2P really is for this game.
But I still don't believe that would stop some people from bashing the game,
but at least it would be a written statement of how it all works in the scheme of things.

It's pretty simple really, it's like no less than reading the instructions or doing EW training missions of how to start playing the game.
And it would be your own fault if you didn't read it or do it.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”