TheHunter Wishlist

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Nathan112244
Hunter

TheHunter Wishlist

Post by Nathan112244 »

Hello Hunters id like to create this new topic called " TheHunter Wishlist " I created this because the other "Wishlist" was made in 2012 and is locked.With this topic it will allow people to drop their suggestions so we can get stuff we wanted added also i like reading your great ideas! I have some here that id like you guys/girls to give me input on.
Please give any feedback, positive or negative Now to start stuff off:

Weapons, Ammo and Accessories

Rifles
- Browning BAR - I have one in real life chambered in a .308 and has to be the most reliable rifle i own.
- Ar-10- Ar-15 platform but chambered in a .308
- 300 and 270 Re-skin- the 243 got a re-skin and looks amazing but i think its time for some TLC on the 300 and 270
- Remington 700 (7mm)- I think this would be a good rifle to add, looks great and is very very common for hunting, especially since the current 7mm bullpup does not look like
a hunting rifle and iv'e never seen anything like it in real life or online

Shotguns
- .410 (36ga) Single shot, double barrel or pump-action
- Semi auto 12ga- maybe something like the "Benelli Ultra-Light" with a walnut stock and gloss black weathercoat receiver and barrel:
https://www.benelliusa.com/ultra-light- ... ns-section

Ammo
- Birdshot and/or Buckshot for the Muzzleloaders (maybe buckshot for the new muzzleloader handgun for the deer species and smaller)

Accessories
- Gun attachable Bipods to make aim more stead during prone and crouched shots

Maps and Species

Maps

-Yukon Map
- Large map with lots of thick pines
- Big roacks
- Big Lakes and Rivers filled with Bright Blue water
- Thick orange and yellow Bushes in open
- Species- Reindeer, Mule deer, Lynx, Mountain Goat Alaskan moose and Elk (Searched these up)

Driven Hunting map
- Fairly large to medium sized map
- Set up for driven hunting
- Lane ways with hunting towers/ platforms along the sides about 150m apart
- Lots of trees with no underbrush, Some fields
- Driven hunting has seemed to be getting bigger and bigger in Thehunter and this map would be a great addition
- other reasons: we need another map with wild boar
- Species- Wild boar, Roe deer, Red deer, Red fox, Fallow deer and Moose

New Species
- Fallow deer- Hirschfelden
- Alaskan moose- Bigger then the moose we currently have but stronger (easily weight over 635kg /1400lbs) maybe even adding fighting animations for moose :)
- Another map for Wild Boar

Changes
This is a great game but here i have some changes that could make the game better :D :D

- Grass trail/patted down like in COTW
- Moose animations From COTW added here (the ones in COTW look exactly like in real life)
- Ptarmigan..... small and fast birds, but most importantly.....super annoying sadly i could see the game better without them also i don't see them hunted much either most of
the people hunting
them are the small game hunting community but maybe these could be traded for another small game animal like squirrels
- Constructible towers- option to change the high taller or shorter
- Bull elk Carcasses on Timbergold trails again instead of just cows

Cool Additions (this is where i think some disagreements will be coming)
- Game Trails for the deer species- Trails around the map with similar spawning to the Elk Carcasses (Certain spots but each game different spots are used) to make stand
placement and stand hunting more realistic instead of placing them in random fields where we can see far :lol:
- Little Non typical weight easter egg- I think it would be cool if all non typical deer tracks were a little special and distinguishable from lvl 20. I think it would be cool if a non
typical deer will drop tracks that weight more then a typical deer due to the size of their huge antlers e.g Whitetail deer max weight is 100kg (85-100kg on lvl 20) i think it
would be cool if non typicals were 5 or 10kg more so a non typical whitetail track will drop 90-105kg tracks or 95-110kg
- Trophy shots, Competition trophies (maybe on the wood chest in the rustic lodge) and scopes on weapons allowed to be displayed in out Lodges
- Weapon Customization I think this feature would be amazing because their are a lot of calibers that have been added. I think being able to customize a gun with the looks you want and the caliber you want to hunt a certain species this would be the real cherry on top of the game. Picking a Stock platform like the Anschutz 8x57 and having different colors and wood stains to choose from, then choosing a barrel. Different finishes, lengths and styles/shapes would be awesome. Then the important part, the caliber. A lot of people like different calibers because each person likes to hunt different species. The last part of this that i havent heard in other posts was about the scopes. My idea about this would be having "Scope Mounts" from different guns. On my weapon if i Chose the " Anschutz Scope Mounts" i would get the same scope options on my rifle like the other Anschutz already in the game.
- Deer Baiting- I think if it was like the hog/boar feeders (15-25 on the feeder at a time) it wouldn't be good but if it was like the bear feeder (2-3 on the feeder and another 3-4 away from the feeder roaming around) then i think it would work good. I have 2 ideas on how this can be done:

1. Deer bait to drop into the hog feeders
2. Bags of Carrots, Corn or Apples that we simply drop in a pile on the ground
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: TheHunter Wishlist

Post by Nathan112244 »

This hasn't taken off the way i would've thought/liked. People usually always have an idea for an item or feature to add to thehunter
Nathan22Outdoors
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Nathan , give it time . You posted that 3hrs ago. Some thoughts / suggestions have been shared in the past all over the forum and on different sub-titles , on here . With time , your thread will , hopefully be viewed and people will remember to use it .

Have faith and be patient .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

alright i guess i assumed people would jump on it instantly
Nathan22Outdoors
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Nathan112244 wrote:alright i guess i assumed people would jump on it instantly
Well, honestly, there's been an active Thoughts & Suggestions Forum for several years, so players have always had a place to submit their suggestions. I'm not sure that adding a specific thread helps that flow.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Hawkeye wrote:Well, honestly, there's been an active Thoughts & Suggestions Forum for several years, so players have always had a place to submit their suggestions. I'm not sure that adding a specific thread helps that flow.
Yes, this is true . People will probably continue doing the way they were doing all these years . Good point .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I like some of your suggestions. Many of them have already been suggested throughout the years and will continue to get support from the community. Some are probably a little more controversial than others, but I figured I would give you my thoughts anyway.

Rifles
New rifles are always fun. I think the store is becoming a bit rifle-heavy but nevertheless, people love to buy new guns. An AR-10 or AR-15 in .308 will probably never happen since it would create imbalance. By that I mean the gun would be ethical for a lot of animals, would have a fast rate of fire and would overshadow too many of the existing guns in the store. Expansive Worlds does a great job of making most weapons count by keeping performance at a reasonable level. I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if we ever saw a semi-auto in such a calibre. The Remington 700 I can get behind, especially the CDL SF version.

Gun Bipods
These have been suggested before and I think the compromise is the shooting stand. I know it's not a great solution, and I suspect it was a flop in terms of sales given the fact it's treated like a deployable world item. However, the weapons system in the game is archaic and adding such things would require massive interface changes. At this late stage, I would be surprised to see bipods implemented like this. Having said that, I would love them.

Driven Hunting Map
Driven hunting is quite popular, I think. Every now and then someone creates a thread about doing driven hunts, and I know some of the older players in the game have done quite a lot of them. Whether or not a new reserve specifically for this purpose would be a success, I'm not sure. I guess if it could still be hunted effectively using different hunting techniques then it would be fine but creating a reserve for a specific hunting style could potentially limit its success and popularity. Now that we have so many reserves I personally wouldn't be too upset if one was released that I wasn't crazy about, so in that respect I wouldn’t be opposed to this. I just think the planning process for new reserves involves taking much more into consideration, and since a huge amount of work goes into a reserve, the developers most likely want to target as many players as possible. For all I know driven hunting would be hugely popular if the right reserve existed, I just don't know.

Species
Fallow deer and Alaska moose have been suggested quite a lot. If you search for "Yukon moose" you should see a bunch of results. I would love to see fallow deer in the game, so that one gets a big thumbs up from me. I would also be happy with wild boar existing on another reserve. I much prefer them to feral hogs for some reason.

Other Changes
Trail marks in the grass would be cool, although I'm not sure the engine supports this. New moose animations would be nice, as would new animations for a bunch of the animals. I hope at some point, when dreaming up new content becomes too arduous, that the developers go back and work on the animations for some of the earlier animals. Moe is a fantastic animator and has done a great job on some of the later animals. Some of the earlier ones need his love too. Removing ptarmigans from the game is never going to happen, even if replacing them with another species. You say you don't see them being hunted enough, but you can't possibly know without access to the data. A lot of work went into their AI and models, so removing them is just not going to happen. I know a lot of players are unhappy with them, and many complain that they ruin certain parts of reserves, but my opinion is they're here to stay.

Cool Additions
Weapon customisation would be great, but like I said above, the system is archaic and extremely frustrating to work with. A long time ago I suggested a universal scope mounting system, thinking it would make sense and be something that could be fairly easily implemented. I've since worked with the team and know that the system is just horrible. On top of that, there are some licensing restrictions that would prevent players being able to mount specific scopes on any weapon. For example, the Blaser scope comes to mind. This can only be used on the Blaser rifle for licensing reasons. When working with real life firearms manufacturers, there's often not much creative freedom, and sometimes they can be extremely strict about what goes on. So whilst I would love fully customisable weapons, I'm absolutely confident that it will never happen with this engine. The effort required to pull it off would be tremendous, and if they ever decided to go for it, they would have to monetise it so heavily that the average player would immediately balk at the costs.

Deer baiting is a controversial subject. Some players are absolutely in favour of it, others hate the idea. I'm in the latter group. The game is already far too rinse and repeat. There are far too many animals on the reserves, and finding deer is already an extremely simple task. Being able to bait them would just make the game far too simple. I know some might argue that not everyone has to use baiting for deer, but, for that argument to have any meaning competitions would also have to prohibit the use of baiting and that would require changes to the competition system. From a monetisation point of view it's a great idea, but I believe if Expansive Worlds were in favour of it they would already have implemented it.

As for the purpose of your thread being a wishlist, well, the entire thoughts and suggestions sub-forum is just that, like Hawkeye already pointed out. If the developers created a thread and asked players to express their wishes, that would be one thing. A player doing it is entirely different. There are no guarantees that a developer will ever read this. One of them most likely will, but forum members might not be willing to take the chance and use your thread to express their wishes.
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

caledonianblues wrote:Deer baiting is a controversial subject. Some players are absolutely in favour of it, others hate the idea. I'm in the latter group. The game is already far too rinse and repeat. There are far too many animals on the reserves, and finding deer is already an extremely simple task. Being able to bait them would just make the game far too simple. I know some might argue that not everyone has to use baiting for deer, but, for that argument to have any meaning competitions would also have to prohibit the use of baiting and that would require changes to the competition system. From a monetisation point of view it's a great idea, but I believe if Expansive Worlds were in favour of it they would already have implemented it.
This! As it is now to win a boar comp or a goat comp, you just camp over the feeders. It would take all the fun out of it. IRL I am not opposed to hunting over corn but in this game with it being so easy I personally think it would just be awful.
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

walt133 wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:Deer baiting is a controversial subject. Some players are absolutely in favour of it, others hate the idea. I'm in the latter group. The game is already far too rinse and repeat. There are far too many animals on the reserves, and finding deer is already an extremely simple task. Being able to bait them would just make the game far too simple. I know some might argue that not everyone has to use baiting for deer, but, for that argument to have any meaning competitions would also have to prohibit the use of baiting and that would require changes to the competition system. From a monetisation point of view it's a great idea, but I believe if Expansive Worlds were in favour of it they would already have implemented it.
This! As it is now to win a boar comp or a goat comp, you just camp over the feeders. It would take all the fun out of it. IRL I am not opposed to hunting over corn but in this game with it being so easy I personally think it would just be awful.

A compromise would be to have corn fields,bean fields, etc etc. with trails leading to the fields. The field could be big enough that you couldn’t cover it all, they would have many different routes to choose from and only feed at dawn and dusk.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Nathan112244 wrote:This hasn't taken off the way i would've thought/liked. People usually always have an idea for an item or feature to add to thehunter
I think it's due to the already existing "Thoughts and Suggestions" section of the forum. You yourself replied my input about wishing another handgun equal to the .357. But maybe we need a toned down and scaled off wish list? Which would make my post totally OT. :D

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”