CotW Controls/Character movement in Classic

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: CotW Controls/Character movement in Classic

Post by Tanngnjostr »

D3AKUs wasn't sneaky, has was making a valid suggestion based on his experience with another hunting game from the same company, which is okay. The thread stays where it is!

Any further talk about CotW that's not about his suggestions should go here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewforum.php?f=249 or into the CotW forum on Steam.
Image Image Image
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Jumping in Classic would be classy. What throws me off all the time is the different key settings. I play both games and confuse keys constantly for changing stance and holding breath. Adjusting the settings does not fully fix this as there are two keys in Classic (shift=up; control=down) vs. three keys in CotW (Y=lay; control=crouch; space=stand/jump).

I wonder if the two different speeds in each stance as we have them in CotW are really required in Classic though. The noise/movement/scent detection are pretty different in both games. Animals don't seem to hear crouching in Classic, so why crouch slowly? The one useful thing for me could be to slowly walk upright, but even this can be emulated by constantly tapping a direction key. The more I think about it the less I believe I would need different speeds in Classic.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

HooCairs wrote:Jumping in Classic would be classy. What throws me off all the time is the different key settings. I play both games and confuse keys constantly for changing stance and holding breath.
I used a keypad to help me switch from game to game. Nearly all games have comparable controls so its easy to set them up to be the same with the keypad. You're right though. With the separate keys it does create an issue. My work around is since LSHFT is a toggle in CoTW I use that & bound the CTRL as my prone button. In practical use it works out the same.

Not endorsing any specific product but I use the Razer keypad & would be completely lost if it suddenly stopped working.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”