Showing huntable animals in loading

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Quacky

Showing huntable animals in loading

Post by Quacky »

I think this is will be helpful for noob hunters like me :oops: ;)
It would be nice if developers add this to many of their huntable areas :idea:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Showing huntable animals in loading

Post by DYEUZ »

My thoughts ....
Even though i think its not a bad idea , showing it like you are showing it , i'm just not sure how it would help newbies , like you say .
One that wants to hunt , pretty much knows what he wants to hunt before choosing a reserve and maybe also , what other species he / she will find there as well.
By leaving your cursor on the lodge of that reserve , it identifies the species found there .
Unless you are choosing a reserve with your eyes closed , not sure this would help that much . Purely cosmetic i think , even though it looks good .Not worth EW's time , imo .
Also , with time , one can know pretty quick what species are in each reserve .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

CHABL0
Spotter

Post by CHABL0 »

I like this idea! Always wondered why it hasn't been implemented.
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X | MSI B350 Gaming.PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 16GB(2x8GB) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 6GB | ADATA SP600 128GB SSD | EVGA 600W 80+ | MSI Optix AG32C
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

I like this idea. But you can find a nice overview on the wiki :

http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Huntable_Areas

But I think, especially for new players, it would be nice to see the species without having to mouseover every lodge on every map. On the other hand, as I said, there's awesome information on the wiki, with animal maps and all the stuff you need. And players are directed there by various links on the website, the forum and launcher. So basically, there is no real need, since all the information is allready available.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

DYEUZ wrote:One that wants to hunt , pretty much knows what he wants to hunt before choosing a reserve and maybe also , what other species he / she will find there as well.
I agree with Dyeuz. Once the game is played enough any new players will learn quickly and know before hand which animals they'll find on any given reserve. I refer to the wiki a lot. The pages I refer to the most are the Permitted Ammo page (http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Permitted_Ammo) and also the Huntable Areas page (http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Huntable_Areas). You can use the Huntable Areas page to make a decision on where to hunt and the Permitted Ammo page to help you to select your loadout. Unless I'm hunting a particular animal for a comp or mission I usually select a loadout that will allow me to hunt any given animal for a particular reserve.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”