Put things in order with nicnames

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Put things in order with nicnames

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Somehow, I'm completely missing the point here. How does a player who played 2 years ago for 1 week, and has not been back to the game, affect me, or the OP? Exactly?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Somehow, I'm completely missing the point here. How does a player who played 2 years ago for 1 week, and has not been back to the game, affect me, or the OP? Exactly?
To be fair, it doesn't effect you or me, we already have our hunternames. I suspect, if the OP is a newbie, he recently signed up for an account, and all the names he wanted were taken by inactive accounts?? Or he has friends trying to sign up. Or he's trying to create multiple accounts. :?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tod1d wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Somehow, I'm completely missing the point here. How does a player who played 2 years ago for 1 week, and has not been back to the game, affect me, or the OP? Exactly?
To be fair, it doesn't effect you or me, we already have our hunternames. I suspect, if the OP is a newbie, he recently signed up for an account, and all the names he wanted were taken by inactive accounts?? Or he has friends trying to sign up. Or he's trying to create multiple accounts. :?
Ahhhhhh...he meant "user names" or "hunter names" or "in-game names", not nicknames.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

I think any guest account that has 0 hours, and is more than 6 months old should just be deleted.
Obviously who ever created it has no intension of using it.

The pluses would be the availability of names for new users and the reduction in space and sorting of the data base.

The down side is EW could no longer say they have 6 million+ registered users.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

DHRifleman wrote:I think any guest account that has 0 hours, and is more than 6 months old should just be deleted.
Obviously who ever created it has no intension of using it.

The pluses would be the availability of names for new users and the reduction in space and sorting of the data base.

The down side is EW could no longer say they have 6 million+ registered users.
Could always just send people the standard old "dear dude, we're purging unused accounts, log in before xxxx.xx.xx to confirm that you don't want to lose yer account" emails and nix the ones that don't reply. If they've never dropped money on memberships or store items, and have no significant play time, I can't imagine what their argument against losing the account name might be.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”