Wolf Spot Info!

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
FastGun
Scout

Wolf Spot Info!

Post by FastGun »

theHunter wiki says: The ability to tell the score of a spotted animal with 60% accuracy. if you spot level is 5. But when I spot a wolf it says 10-80 and it's same for all wolfs. Can't detect which one is a high scoring one on a pack. I think it's so much wide for a species gives score between 14-17. If it is %60 accurate it should show me something better. Is it same for everyone or It only affects me? If it only affects me I will create a bug report. Maybe it was 10-18 but something went wrong huh? Can someone gots higher skill than me(10) can tell what the spotting estimate it shows? Thanks...
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Re: Wolf Spot Info!

Post by Pretty_Boy »

FastGun wrote:...it says 10-80 and it's same for all wolfs...
last time, approx 2 weeks ago, I was spot differenses... ...but that dosent mean its not a new bug your maybe experiensing... ;) I´ll check myself if I get the same too, I´ll be back later... :)

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Some animals are way off with their spotting and tracking estimation ranges, even at level 20. I still find foxes that say "0-10kg" or "5-15kg". This was recognized years ago by the former designer Björn and he agreed this being a flaw and wanted to fix it, but I guess it was too low of a priority before he then left for Call of the Wild.

There are a number of animals with estimation ranges way too wide even at level 20. The wolf is one of them.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

HooCairs wrote:Some animals are way off with their spotting and tracking estimation ranges, even at level 20. I still find foxes that say "0-10kg" or "5-15kg". This was recognized years ago by the former designer Björn and he agreed this being a flaw and wanted to fix it, but I guess it was too low of a priority before he then left for Call of the Wild.

There are a number of animals with estimation ranges way too wide even at level 20. The wolf is one of them.
Thanks for this information. So do you have any way to detect higher scoring ones? sure if you want to share if not no problem. and Can you say bigger weight bigger score for general (of course there can be exception sometimes)?
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

FastGun wrote:...Can you say bigger weight bigger score for general (of course there can be exception sometimes)?
I would say no... ...but if the weight is high, the potensial is there... For bears, i think its possible to see the different sizes of the head, and if I remember, the tracks also look bigger respectively... With deer, I think the antlers grov bigger and bigger, then its comming a reduction of the antler size, but the weight may continue higher... With foxes, you can clearly see what is a big fox and a little fox... Sometimes there are comming more than 1 fox when you call, then you can compare... With wolves I feel there is a behaviour difference, smaller wolves "walks" a little faster, bigger ones are slower holding a little back... Maybe the score is the same as for the upcomming bobcat, the size of head that counts... But this is just my opinion, I may be wrong...

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Guys, it's a known bug with the wolves. Everyone's guesses say 10-80 regardless of skill level with some little variances. Best thing to do for now is look at the weight, and determine from there until it is taken care of.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

FastGun wrote:Can you say bigger weight bigger score for general (of course there can be exception sometimes)?
Yes, as with other animals (bears, bison, etc.).
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

HooCairs wrote:
FastGun wrote:Can you say bigger weight bigger score for general (of course there can be exception sometimes)?
Any non-antlered/horned species
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

Thank you all for helping me :)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
Any non-antlered/horned species

Apart from Turkey :)

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”