Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Misstik
Hunter

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by Misstik »

Oh I just think about another small issue on WRR: Bison calls wich seems to be very close (~ 20m) but when you take it with the huntermate, it's far.
Bosloe
Hunter

Post by Bosloe »

misskiki68 wrote:Oh I just think about another small issue on WRR: Bison calls wich seems to be very close (~ 20m) but when you take it with the huntermate, it's far.
Agreed they scare the stuff out of you thinking your about to be charged because it is so loud and once you have spun on the spot doing a 360 with panic stricken fear; wishing you had remembered to pick up your first aid kits; you then take out your HM to find them 200m's away!
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

I just want to hear normal Rain sound.
Especialy in Rougarou Bayou map.

When rains starts i hear some strange additional sound.. Like ducks, or frogs, i dont know.. but fact its not rain sound.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Not complete a bug but just annoying and very strange sound of the breath now when you're using any scope.

That breath sound is to loud, and IRL you never breath like that, the sound most be more soft and not like (sorry) sex breath like now :oops: , maybe you can try Sniper and Sniper 2 to get a hint of that sound.

Thanks
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

Rain sound at first.

Second, gun sounds. I don't like at all that all pump action shotguns as well as two-barrel shotguns have same sound. F3 had unique sound at first but it was most likely a bug because that sound was replaced by the current one. And of course case .223, it should have rifle sound.... :? But well, IRL most rifles sound same, and most shotguns sound same. This is still the game in which the immersion of shooting comes from the gunsounds.

And last one is that animal and environment interaction. These sound were produced by some intern called Erik in 2012 but they didn't work very well so they were removed and no more actions were taken on those. I hope they will reborn in better way so the feeling of being there with animals would be complete :D

Image Image
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

A few things
1.)We should only be able to hear fowl when they enter render...
2.)We should hear animals faintly at around 50 yards and get louder and louder.... not all of a sudden you hear loud footsteps
3.)The walking in water sound is IMO ridicolusly loud
4.)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Breath sounds: The "inhale" sound when holding breath for a shot is too quiet now. I used this as an indicator that the SPACE BAR (Hold Breath**) feature was working. You have to wait between shots for it to be effective again, so a sound to indicate that it's effective again is a really good thing.

**Inasmuch as I "hate" the description "Hold Breath" after having it beaten into my head to breathe while I'm shooting. (After 40 yrs of shooting I still have rangemasters reminding me to "breathe"), I've come to accept the "Hold Breath" function as a "Steady your breathing" or "Steady your shot" function.

Also, why do I hear a heavy Sigh when I change stance? (ex: Standing to crouching) Even if standing still. This sounds really out of place to me.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

True, Tod. It's uncanny that everything the char does yield a sigh.
Spoiler:
Wespertin
Spotter

Post by Wespertin »

Don't fix the "crispy sound" in WRR.
It's actually one of the things that sounds realistic, as explained in this thread.
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=71908
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

My best advice is to put on a good pair of 7.1 surround headphone, turn up the volume to a level where animals calls can be heard easily, and play the game.

When you encounter a background sound that doesn't really add to the "ambiance", but is actually annoying......eliminate it.

When you encounter a background sound that is so loud you want to turn down the volume, then it's too loud.

When you encounter a background sound that is so loud you can't clearly hear your friends talking to you on TeamSpeak, then it's too loud.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell my friends to, "wait....the wind/rain/geese, etc., is so loud right now I can't hear you.". And they understand, because it happens to them as well.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”