Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by Grizdude »

NoxNoctura wrote:One main issue I have is with calls. Sometimes it seems the call volume is very very low, but if I start turning it'll get louder, as if I'm facing closer to the direction the sound would be coming from. But the sound is coming from the call in my hand, so it should have the same sound volume regardless of which direction I face.

This seems to have zero effect on the playing of the game, obviously the call still works as it should, but it completely breaks immersion for me. Does it whether I use a setup for stereo headphones or through 5.1 speakers...so don't believe its a hardware issue on my end.
I agree 100%... it's been like this for way too long. :? :roll:
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

lol.. im still waiting when they fix Rain sound in Rougarou Bayou.
When rain starts i hear ducks.

Sometimes i think its paranoia, but its not matter if i hunt 1 minute or 3 hours.
Its totaly failed rain sound ;/
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

This has probably reported often but just in case (it was never fixed so far):

When moving prone, the character still makes normal footstep sounds on many (if not all?) surfaces.

This has not been the case in the past, but now I hear it already for quite a long time - and wonder why.

Apart from that: it is wrong! The noise while drawing your belly over the ground must be completely different to running/walking/crouch walking sounds!
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Please,

Either give us the controls to adjust the environmental sounds outside of animal noises, or turn down, way way down, the constant high pitched bug noises and constant wind sounds.

Environment is a major part of the experience, but when I can't hear animals walking nearby because the bugs are buzzing non-stop so loud, it isn't fun any longer. It isn't immersive.

I end up avoiding reserves that have those high pitched constant bug noises and on the rare occasion that I do hunt in one of them, I am so anxious to leave. It doesn't take long before headaches begin. When I do close those hunts, all I can think is "Thank goodness the noise is ended, I never want to return here again". Then I need something to ease the horrid headache hunting in the noise creates.

One of the bad bug noises for me is when I use the camo makeup. The description states that it has mosquito repellent, but when I wear it, mosquito buzzing is a constant problem!

Thanks for taking the time to ask and read and work on these sound issues and for considering working on those not yet addressed.
M.Kizz

Post by M.Kizz »

After reading some of the posts there are a few things that could be tweaked! but instead of trying to get all suggestions worthy - just give more options in the settings tab for all sounds,background and foreground. each has its own settings, that way everyone will be happy!! ( rain higher or lower ) - ( walking or ground sounds ) - ( wind ) -
( rifle or gun ) - I am having the problem of - when i start the game its fine but after the music and i am at the lodge the sounds are way too low I have to turn my headphones ALL the way up. and yes not thinking about it when i shut the game down and go to watch utube i forget and "BAM" -oh yea loud!!! giving us a way to adjust all sound setting our selves i think would be better than just one fix.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

M.Kizz wrote:After reading some of the posts there are a few things that could be tweaked! but instead of trying to get all suggestions worthy - just give more options in the settings tab for all sounds,background and foreground. each has its own settings, that way everyone will be happy!! ( rain higher or lower ) - ( walking or ground sounds ) - ( wind ) -
( rifle or gun ) - I am having the problem of - when i start the game its fine but after the music and i am at the lodge the sounds are way too low I have to turn my headphones ALL the way up. and yes not thinking about it when i shut the game down and go to watch utube i forget and "BAM" -oh yea loud!!! giving us a way to adjust all sound setting our selves i think would be better than just one fix.
Are you aware that when in-game, you can hit escape...then options at the top of the page...then click on sound...then you can change the master volume in the game. Perhaps it would be a way to find a sound that works for you.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
M.Kizz

Post by M.Kizz »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
M.Kizz wrote:After reading some of the posts there are a few things that could be tweaked! but instead of trying to get all suggestions worthy - just give more options in the settings tab for all sounds,background and foreground. each has its own settings, that way everyone will be happy!! ( rain higher or lower ) - ( walking or ground sounds ) - ( wind ) -
Are you aware that when in-game, you can hit escape...then options at the top of the page...then click on sound...then you can change the master volume in the game. Perhaps it would be a way to find a sound that works for you.

yep that is part of what i am suggesting there is only one slider for sound- there needs to be - one for rain/wind another for walking-and another for shooting...so on...
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Gregoire Iwaniec »

Hi!

I there are indeed a couple of sounds that could be improved, and I am working on it parralel with game developement. What I can say for now is that there won't be any slider options for the volumes of different sounds, since this is part of the gameplay.
piomarvado
Scout

Post by piomarvado »

Gregoire Iwaniec wrote:Hi!

I there are indeed a couple of sounds that could be improved, and I am working on it parralel with game developement. What I can say for now is that there won't be any slider options for the volumes of different sounds, since this is part of the gameplay.

Hello Gregoire!!
The sound of the avatar's walk is horrible, it looks like it has 4 legs, especially when walking in the vegetation.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I like the new sound when crawling but when doing so (and crouching) the sound is lingering after movement has stopped.
Spoiler:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”