Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
UncleStan

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by UncleStan »

JimboCrow wrote:
UncleStan wrote:Sound bugs are still persistent for me on Whiterime Ridge, able to temporarily fix by switching out from 7.1 to stereo using the manufacturer software (corsair utility engine) for my audio output device.

Realtek ALC1150 and a set of 7.1 Void headphones, 8ch 16bit 48000 Hz.
Did you enable the new Extended Audio Memory option in Game Settings in the launcher? Maybe you have to clear your launcher cache and try enabling it again? It fixed my problem with my Logitech headset with 7.1 surround sound immediately.

This fixed my ambient sounds which in turn means the map is no longer broken for me, thank you :) .

Of note is that the sounds for each cartridge loaded into the k98k are now only being played intermittently.
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. -Fred Bear
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

UncleStan wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
UncleStan wrote:Sound bugs are still persistent for me on Whiterime Ridge, able to temporarily fix by switching out from 7.1 to stereo using the manufacturer software (corsair utility engine) for my audio output device.

Realtek ALC1150 and a set of 7.1 Void headphones, 8ch 16bit 48000 Hz.
Did you enable the new Extended Audio Memory option in Game Settings in the launcher? Maybe you have to clear your launcher cache and try enabling it again? It fixed my problem with my Logitech headset with 7.1 surround sound immediately.

This fixed my ambient sounds which in turn means the map is no longer broken for me, thank you :) .

Of note is that the sounds for each cartridge loaded into the k98k are now only being played intermittently.
Actually I noticed the same thing. I thought it was just because I was walking at the time and my footstep sounds were being played overtop of the animation. Now I see that you are correct. Thank you. I will check with others and submit a bug report.
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

Misstik wrote:Oh I just think about another small issue on WRR: Bison calls wich seems to be very close (~ 20m) but when you take it with the huntermate, it's far.
till this day...Polar Bear also does this.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Not sure if this thread is still monitored, but just in case, an old sound bug has returned. If you take a dog into the alpine areas of Timbergold Trails, they make a water splashing sound when walking on rocks. This is an old bug that had previously been fixed.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

The red fox sounds , when they are far away is now a notch or two down, you almost won't hear it, you just can noticed it if you have the huntermate on. I liked it much how was long time ago when you could hear that horrifying fox call sound even from far away.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:The red fox sounds , when they are far away is now a notch or two down, you almost won't hear it, you just can noticed it if you have the huntermate on. I liked it much how was long time ago when you could hear that horrifying fox call sound even from far away.
I hear the red fox call most of the times but not when it is really far away (+180m?).
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

I like the new sounds for sea shore and near the river (Piccabeen bay). Have you changed them or am I getting old ?
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

I've posted a request loooooong ago about sounds of the bugs near the river in Val De Bois.
The issue I get is a strange looping sound from a flying insect. It's a little annoying.
Happy to go to the location and record a short video for those that don't understand what I'm talking about.
This the main sound issue that really annoys the heck out of me.

EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

It's not a bug but it breaks the immersion a little bit. The Snakebite is the bow that spook lesser animals than any other, but the ingame shooting sound is really loud. Maybe you can adjust this a little bit or do a new sound.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

EricGiftzahn wrote:It's not a bug but it breaks the immersion a little bit. The Snakebite is the bow that spook lesser animals than any other, but the ingame shooting sound is really loud. Maybe you can adjust this a little bit or do a new sound.
The sound is fine. The Snakebite needs to be nerfed. Way too quiet and too easy to pile up animals with. Same with Crossbow Pistol. IMHO.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”