Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by EricGiftzahn »

JimboCrow wrote:The sound is fine. The Snakebite needs to be nerfed. Way too quiet and too easy to pile up animals with. Same with Crossbow Pistol. IMHO.
Before i start playing again (<2020), the Pulsar was the best bow for dropping a mass of animals and snakebite the worst. now its vice versa.
If they nerf the SB, no one will use it because it has only one pin in the sight.
I think the spook radius is ok, but the ingame sound is much to loud in comparision to a real life compound bow.
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

Inline Muzzle Loader makes a weird "brrrrrr" sounds while loading. Little bit like a vibrating plate far away.
It's a really deep tone.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Banteng call sound is not proportional with the distance. When it is at 150m of you for example, you hear its call as if it were near you. Maybe you could tweak it a bit to sound more realistic with the distance when it calls. Thank you.

Thanks , by the way, of fixing that broken sound of mousqitos in some maps. Now it sounds as it should.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Gregoire Iwaniec wrote:Hello Hunters!

Now that I have been with the theHunter for a couple of month I feel that it is time to tackle some of the sound issues some of you have been mentioning on the forum.

With bug fixing and animation revamp in mind, we have decided to pay attention to certain areas of the sound design and integration in the game.

This is going to go along with our everyday work, so we need to be a bit organised about what requires my attention and what can we do a bit later.

My first instinct is to ask you directly if there is any particular sound bug that breaks your immersion in the game.

There was a good conversation (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=100) started in February with a helpful video from INTIMID883R, so I have a good idea of what is pressing, but please drop a comment if you think there is something urgent that makes your gaming and hunting experience less enjoyable.

Cheers!
It's a hunting game. It needs to have 3d directional sound. It doesn't make any sense at all that a hunting game only has 2d sound that only pans. It's impossible to tell where sounds are coming from. Not being able to tell where sounds are coming from becomes an issue sometimes that puts the player in a bad situation. Here's 2 examples:

1. When a bear is roaring to attack and we didn't see it before hand. We have no idea where it is as we should with sound. We end up spinning around with our cheeks puckered, fingers and toes crossed we find it before it kills us.

2. When on the ground, especially at Loggers Point where there's high grass and a lot of brush and rolling hills (we can't see everything, sometimes we can't see anything but the high grass in front of use we're knocking over as we move, and we call an animal in we can hear it walking so we know it's close but can't see it and have no idea where it is. We should be able to tell where it is exactly.

The game needs true 3 dimensional 8 channel surround; Left Front, Front Center, Right Front, Right, Right Rear, Rear Center, Left Rear, Left.
As it is now we only have Right and Left with a very small degree of panning. For a hunting game? We need to hear things, very well.
We should be able to tell direction, exactly, and evaluate distance by the volume.

We can't tell distance either the way sound is and has always been. A deer call is the nearly the same volume regardless if the deer calling is 300m away or right next to us.

Does the game engine not have surround capability?
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Lately I noticed a degradation in sound pitch in Whiterime Ridge. All guns sounds like the BASS is inexistent, you can hear the high and medium sounds when a gun is fired. What is happening ? Who tampered with the gun sounds in Whiterime Ridge ?

UPDATE

I discovered what happened. I accidentally cranked to zero the bass when I was cleaning the audio system. I just forgot and didn't make the connection until I listened to some music and then I realized what happened. My bad, sorry.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”