Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Prinz1989
Hunter

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by Prinz1989 »

Thanks for adjusting the scent dog sounds Greg.
I think they are in a really good spot now, but the retrievers are not.
With the addition of three ptarmigan species I think many players will take the dog out for a hunt that isn't waterfowling, but the dog steps are so loud that you almonst can't stalk anything.
Can you please bing the retrievers to the same sound level as the scent dogs?
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

gadwall are making a red-winged black bird call that sounds like: berwheeeeeeet! they do this while in high flying state before broken off

not natural, plz fix
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

New .308 Carbon Rifle Sound Glitch?

Post by Ravenousfox »

I noticed when I shot the .308 Carbon Rifle on WRR I could hear birds tweeting straight after the shot. (tested this about 10 times, same after each shot)
Seems like who ever recorded the shot sound through the mic picked up birds tweeting in the background as well. :?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Roger_Mellie

Re: New .308 Carbon Rifle Sound Glitch?

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Confirmed. Going to check on another reserve just in case but the birds tweeting are the same each time... whoopsie!!!

Bushrunners: couldn't hear it due to insects
Hemmeldal: couldn't hear it
Whitehart: don't think I could hear it

Is it possible that is only appears on Whiterime, and if so, how?

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

@Ravenousfox & Simon: I moved this into the Sound Bugs thread. Hope you're okay with that. Greg will find it easier here...
Image Image Image
Roger_Mellie

Re: New .308 Carbon Rifle Sound Glitch?

Post by Roger_Mellie »

Ravenousfox wrote:I noticed when I shot the .308 Carbon Rifle on WRR I could hear birds tweeting straight after the shot. (tested this about 10 times, same after each shot)
Seems like who ever recorded the shot sound through the mic picked up birds tweeting in the background as well. :?
No worries Marc - thank you.

RF - trying the engraved 308 as well just in case, and yes, it's there right at the end after the release of breath sound, mainly in my right channel

There are some who call me..... Simon. In game: Alf_Tupper
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

This is what bugs me the most on audio files in the hunter.
1. Breathing after running, is this a man with asthma or a scuba diving air tank on. It sounds like it was recorded in a small compartment and is also very loud, it sounds like he was smoking cigarettes for the last 30 years,... and decided to start running. When I go running I never breath that loud where I can't hear the environment around me. just saying.
2. Texture noises. Am I imagining this or does it sound like when recording walking or running on rocks somebody stomped a little to hard with their feet?
Good hunters are sneaky and try to be stealthy. and don't drag their feet. I notice this when my headphones are turned up and I can hear the sound relatively good.

Hope you can take a look at these and maybe adjust them to a more lower audible sound.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I'm back again, yes I have found something else that bothers me about the sound.
When crawling on rocks on TR.... yes I said crawling.
Wouldn't it be better to make the noise sound like crawling noises instead of crouching noises?
This is readily heard and is a complete distraction of moving sounds to be completely wrong.
My hands and knee's would not sound like walking no matter how hard I tried on solid rock.
I think it would be nice to make a new sound file for crawling on rock textures as I would be able to stay immersed into the game
more when stalking animals. And I'm sure I am not the only one who notices this.
So please can you change this sound to represent what it should sound like?
Have a good 1............GAS
MissIcewolf
Tracker

Post by MissIcewolf »

Aww, I was just about to write about missing scent hound sounds, but it seems like you got rid of the sounds entirely. It's a bit of a shame actually. While I do agree that it was a tad loud before, I also think it's kinda sad that they're so quiet now. My dog barely makes any sounds. I miss the sniffing! With all those sounds, the dog felt real.

But, the dog does miss the chewing sounds when giving them treats. The labrador doesn't have this problem though.
Donezo

Post by Donezo »

I dont know if this has been mentioned already or not. Ignore if it is.
I am not a hunter irl, but the Roe deer caller sometimes sounds so quiet. Compared to the calls that the Roe deer make.
It kinda ruins my immersion when I hunt them and you call back with this very weak call.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”