Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by Gregoire Iwaniec »

Hello Hunters!

Now that I have been with the theHunter for a couple of month I feel that it is time to tackle some of the sound issues some of you have been mentioning on the forum.

With bug fixing and animation revamp in mind, we have decided to pay attention to certain areas of the sound design and integration in the game.

This is going to go along with our everyday work, so we need to be a bit organised about what requires my attention and what can we do a bit later.

My first instinct is to ask you directly if there is any particular sound bug that breaks your immersion in the game.

There was a good conversation (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=100) started in February with a helpful video from INTIMID883R, so I have a good idea of what is pressing, but please drop a comment if you think there is something urgent that makes your gaming and hunting experience less enjoyable.

Cheers!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by Alena Rybik »

Excellent initiative, thanks Greg!

I just want to remind you guys to be as detailed and constructive as possible. Comments like: "The sound of this rifle is awful, fix it!" are of no help to Greg. Please explain why you think it's awful, maybe give some references. The more info the better!
Bosloe
Hunter

Post by Bosloe »

Sounds great (no pun intended). There are several key areas but I think the emersion is key to thehunter experience above many general sounds. WRR still seems to have either timed or crazy high winds on bright sunny days which still doesn't seem right. I did recently post a mild bug with dogs in the forum over the sound associated to their movement which I don't class as a priority considering the more impacting areas.
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

1) rain sound
2) high volume birds in summer reserves and high volume wind in WRR
3) really quiet in hemmeldal. take some wind and snow sounds from WRR and implement them in hemmeldal
4) .223 has the same sound as the pump action shotgun (last time i checked). make it unique

that is all i have in my mind so far. if i come up with more i will make a second post! :)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Good you're asking, Greg!

I think that transitions could be "smoother". What I mean is that environment sounds often begin or stop very abruptly. You make one step and suddenly the wind or the watershore is awfully loud (or is gone instantly) or the sounds of birds or bugs change completely. Same with footsteps - funny how the camo app is completely not needed, because your footsteps always tell you whether you are in a forest area or not.

Oh, and I am not a hunter in real life, but if I'm stalking an animal and need to wade through water, would I really make such splashing noises? :P
Image Image Image
Bosloe
Hunter

Post by Bosloe »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Oh, and I am not a hunter in real life, but if I'm stalking an animal and need to wade through water, would I really make such splashing noises? :P
Very good point I missed that one. If stalking in water you can potentially make less sound than when on dry land unless running of course. Especially as all the water areas to my knowledge are rivers therefore flowing with their own sounds covering yours?
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

I'd like to see the K98 maybe turned up a little. Compared to the other 8x57 it sounds really quite.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Hi, can you please fix the "crispy" sound on WRR? you can hear it for exemple at the north lodge (you can't miss it lol) thanks :)
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

misskiki68 wrote:Hi, can you please fix the "crispy" sound on WRR? you can hear it for exemple at the north lodge (you can't miss it lol) thanks :)
yeah, it sounds like you are constantly breaking twigs, even if you are standing still.

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

For me, if you're asking about "what sound issue makes breaks my immersion", it would be that there's no distant ambient sounds of the animals interacting with their environment other than calls. I want to be able to hear animals passing through foliage and stepping on twigs and rocks as they move, and when they run, making a huge crashing noise through the woods as they snap sticks and break branches off on plants. Right now animal sounds seem very "binary" in that either you hear them call from a distance or absolutely nothing. Once you're almost on top of them do you hear them, and then it's just footsteps. It would be nice to have sound at a farther range in order to assist locating them, as well as alert you to animals nearby that you simply can't see yet. Would increase tension/excitement too. =)
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”