Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by Gregoire Iwaniec »

\m/ wrote:TT:

- Walking sounds of the Rocky Elks if around in range 30-40m to the player could use lower volume, its dead-sounding and has nearly the same volume as the walking sound from them if closer than 10m.
- Hunter walking sounds while moving over stone/rocks & some treeroots are way to loud, seems the hunter is wearing iron-boots.
- Grizzly calls at max renderrange have the same volume like in direct playerrange.
- Grizzly calls every time a hunter comes in renderrange.
- Flying sound of Ptarmigan is bugged?!

But still the best sound in a fresh released reserve i have heard in the last years. No (for me) gamebreaking sounds, i can use headphones over many hours in this reserve - after wrr-release i was only able to play without any sound duo birdsound-bug and at brr the volume of many many sounds where totally ****** up.
Thanks for your feedback (and to all of you above ^^), many of these issues will be adressed within the coming patches!
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Just a question from me, I noticed the footsteps of arctic foxes can be heard from 50m now instead of the usual 30m. intended change, and if so does is it this way for other animals too? Its good if it was.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Good to HEAR! :-D
Now offline. Forever.
Redwhitetail

Post by Redwhitetail »

+1 on the dog sounds being too loud ^^;
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Please add more audio clue for Bighorn Sheep, they are hell to hunt, and add a sound for the WT Ptarmigan flying, thanks
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Post by Jimbodaddy »

MAINEiac wrote:I would like to see the walking sounds of the hunter addressed. Specifically when on rocky areas or tree roots. Seems very loud like your walking with with very hard shoes. I believe for the most part with the modern hunting boot you would be quieter when walking on ledge or big rocks or roots. Especially noticed this in the new reserve. Thank you.
yes, good point,perhaps less repetition and more random walking sounds regarding tree roots and rocky areas. WRR has the same issue when walking on the ice.Might need a slight slipping sound?its all still pretty good stuf.
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

Misstik wrote:Please add more audio clue for Bighorn Sheep, they are hell to hunt, and add a sound for the WT Ptarmigan flying, thanks
Hi! these issues are being treated right now, thanks for pointing it out!
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

Gregoire Iwaniec wrote:
Misstik wrote:Please add more audio clue for Bighorn Sheep, they are hell to hunt, and add a sound for the WT Ptarmigan flying, thanks
Hi! these issues are being treated right now, thanks for pointing it out!
oh that's nice! thank you!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

So you are saying I will have to hunt these after all? :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

waiora wrote:Just a question from me, I noticed the footsteps of arctic foxes can be heard from 50m now instead of the usual 30m. intended change, and if so does is it this way for other animals too? Its good if it was.
Hej! these sound haven't changed, and you shouldn't hear them further than 35m, are you still experiencing this issue?

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”